Ruskin Arms closing?

VicRattlhd502

Droogie
Feb 24, 2003
Minneapolis, MN
Visit site
:OMG: I received this E-mail from a friend of mine yesterday. Do not know its original source but still it's tragic news:

OK so here it goes, from the 12th of december 2008 the Ruskin Arms will be no more.

The owner, has decided to sell it, destroying so one of greatest places in the heavy metal scene.

No point in trying to go against it.

A lot has been tried and went amiss, the man sold it, and the new owner wants nothing to do with it as a pub.

According to recent news the it will be turned into a medical centre and flats above.

Well there's not much else i can say.

Also for bands that are booked to play or are planning to play at the Ruskin don't bother, I've been asked to cancel all booking and take no more on.

I'm really sorry guys we are just as gutted as you are.

for any information please 02084720377

From Paul Di'Anno's blog:

Hi Everyone,

We are looking for some help and hope everyone can help.

Legendary rock venue the Ruskin Arms in east London is not closing down.

There has been a lot of rumors that we are closing down so we need to re-push the night. If there is anything you guys can do to help, it would be gratefully appreciated. We are trying our best to keep one of London's last rock venues alive and rocking.

We have just taken over the music side of it and need to get the word out that we are here and here to stay every Saturday from 9pm till 2am. Free entry all night playing the best in Rock, Metal, old school real rock/metal.

We are working on getting live bands back in as well. The Ruskin Arms has always had a history of live music as you know.

As a regular from the 80's up to 90's and I'm back to keep it going,

I've been DJing for 20 years across the UK and Europe playing rock/metal. The Arms holds a place in my heart and many others over the years.

So anything would be cool even if its just a post on your news page, that would be great. Thanks.

Lots of changes (for the better not just to change) are on the way.

Thomas Stannard

AKA DJ TROLL

TroLL uk

Thats good news indeed.

But the way things are going I wont get too excited about it just yet.

Many pubs in the UK are facing closure because the smoking ban has decimated them. I have seen first hand pubs with 300+ customers on a friday and saturday night, now get about 20 or 30 if they are busy. :(