Rwake - Voices of Omens

Krilons Resa

Jerry's married?!
Nov 7, 2002
Inside dorian's gym bag.
2vcyy6h.jpg

Emerging from deep in the backwoods of the American subconscious, Arkansas's Rwake represent the dirty south with their intensely unique style of acid-drenched metal. Hitting below the bible-belt in a narcotic-dazed fury of epic proportions, Rwake's thick, tar-black riffing and vicious male/female vocal attack plunge the listener head-first into the abyss as their transcendent melodies and blazing leads raise the spirit to the cosmos. Voices of Omens is a hostile explosion of hideously impure American metal which emanates an eerie and unsettling vibe, haunting in atmosphere and hallucinogenic in it's effect on the listener.

Preorder it now! :kickass::kickass::kickass:

Feb 20th

Best recos on the forum, A+, would try again!! (haven't tried this particular one though)

I don't think you would care for this type of music. It's in the vein of Neurosis, Deadbird, and the like with tripped out songwriting, atmospheric lulls that gear into psyched out twin guitar harmonies, screaming and yelling, plodding rhythms, and an overall claustrophobic feeling. It's like a nightmare on valium.

I don't think you would care for this type of music. It's in the vein of Neurosis, Deadbird, and the like with tripped out songwriting, atmospheric lulls that gear into psyched out twin guitar harmonies, screaming and yelling. It's like a nightmare on valium.

Sounds probable but I'll give it a shot some day... Maybe. When it comes to HEAVY DOOM METAL u da man, though.

Reactions: Krilons Resa
Nope, not yet. My room mate, who downloaded the new one, said it wasn't as good as the previous albums... we will see.

I don't think you would care for this type of music. It's in the vein of Neurosis, Deadbird, and the like with tripped out songwriting, atmospheric lulls that gear into psyched out twin guitar harmonies, screaming and yelling, plodding rhythms, and an overall claustrophobic feeling. It's like a nightmare on valium.

Has Nate been holding you hostage and forcing you to write this, because it reads very similar to one of his post-hardcore recommendations...speaking of, I've heard another new Relapse signing, Minsk, and this description works for their new album as well...sounds like recent Neurosis with an added psychedelic tinge.

Has Nate been holding you hostage and forcing you to write this, because it reads very similar to one of his post-hardcore recommendations...speaking of, I've heard another new Relapse signing, Minsk, and this description works for their new album as well...sounds like recent Neurosis with an added psychedelic tinge.

Have you not heard their first album - Out of a Center Which Is Neither Dead nor Alive on At a Loss? It's great! :headbang: