Rwake - Voices of Omens

Two tracks from myspace. I've heard better music coming from two cats fucking on a car manifold while rolling backwards down a hill with the gear set in neutral, while 3 jiggaboos ghost ride the whip on top of the trunk.

I saw these guys at the Milwaukee Metalfest some years ago, and they were one of the great surprises because I knew nothing about them and they totally kicked ass in their 1pm Saturday slot.. The best part was the crippled monkey that they had lying on the floor playing a Minimoog.

So I saw this album available a couple weeks ago, thought "oh yeah, Rwake, I remember them!" and downloaded it with some anticipation. Unfortunately it didn't do a whole lot for me. Maybe I should check out their older stuff or something.

Neil

I saw these guys at the Milwaukee Metalfest some years ago, and they were one of the great surprises because I knew nothing about them and they totally kicked ass in their 1pm Saturday slot.. The best part was the crippled monkey that they had lying on the floor playing a Minimoog.

So I saw this album available a couple weeks ago, thought "oh yeah, Rwake, I remember them!" and downloaded it with some anticipation. Unfortunately it didn't do a whole lot for me. Maybe I should check out their older stuff or something.

Neil

Yeah, from what I hear, they are VERY much a "live band." Even if you dont enjoy their studio cd's, you will be blown away by their live performance.

I just listened, and it was okay. It requires more listens, and Doomcifer's description earlier fits well. Sometimes it seems like the vocals are misplaced though. We'll see how great it turns out to bed.

Now I'm listening to the new Minsk promo.

Fuck... through 2 tracks of the new Minsk... it's pretty fucking good. I don't know why it's called Doom metal though.