Sacred Oath

Yeah....These guys reformed after close to a 20 year split and picked up from where they left off....pure old school metal!

Crsytal Vision was great, don't have anything from them since they reformed. Where's your review for Detritus posted?

Here ya go:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Detritus/message/835

SACRED OATH (A) Angel Thorn, 2009
14 tracks, RT: 1:12:43
[ http://www.sacredoath.net/ ]
[ http://www.mypspace.com/sacredoath ]
Somehow I missed out on Sacred Oath back in the day, the band
originating in Connecticut circa 1985. 1987's A CRYSTAL VISION is now
hailed as something of a lost classic, the group calling it a day in
1988 before reforming for another go in 2005. Now consisting of
original members Rob Thorne (vocals, guitar) and Kenny Evans (drums)
along with recent additions Bill Smith (guitar) and Scott Waite
(bass), the band are ready for a second lease on life with their new
self-titled release. Sacred Oath play adept power metal in the style
of Lizzy Borden, Crimson Glory and Armored Saint, unleashing dark,
thoroughly vintage sounding epics such as "Voodoo Dolls," "Counting
Zeros," "Order Of The System Lords," and "What The Dark Will Undo."
Rob Thorne's stratospheric vocals are a high point, often reminiscent
of early Geoff Tate, King Diamond and the aforementioned Lizzy Borden.
Everything else you want and expect is here, however, including
galloping rhythms, dual leads and mystical lyrics all delivered via a
crisp production. One of the best things I've heard so far this year,
let me highly recommend SACRED OATH to you, and hope the guys stick
around this time...
- Neal Woodall (MysticX9@...)

They had another one before this called Darkness Visible that came out in '07 when they first reformed, but I haven't heard that one either. I might have to grab this latest though.

New info and updated album release date:

SACRED OATH SIGNING WITH WORLDSOUND – RELEASE DATE MOVED TO JULY 14TH
NORTH AMERICA, JULY 10TH EUROPE!

Connecticut metal masters Sacred Oath and their parent label Angel
Thorne Music have come to an agreement with the WorldSound label to
press and distribute not only their brand new self-titled album Sacred
Oath, but the entire back catalog of Sacred Oath albums including
Darkness Visible, Till Death Do Us Part, and their cult-classic debut
A Crystal Vision. All four albums will be repackaged and released
simultaneously on July 14th (North America), July 10th(Europe).

The critically-acclaimed new album enjoyed a digital pre-release
through iTunes on April 7th as Discovery Download of the Week and has
remained on the Rock Homepage as an exclusive album – Band on the Rise
– for 5 weeks since.
A physical release date of May 12th (North America) and May 22nd
(Europe) had been issued but this has now been changed to July 14th,
July 10th to accommodate the size and scope of the release.

The new album has ten songs and track listing is as follows:

1. Paradise Lost
2. Blood Storm
3. Voodoo Dolls
4. Counting Zeros
5. High and Mighty
6. Sacred Oath
7. Caught In the Arc
8. Buried Alive
9. What the Dark Will Undo
10. Hunt For the Fallen Angel

The band's infamous debut A Crystal Vision (1988) will be repackaged
with the original cover art and a lyric booklet.
All four titles will be released in limited edition vinyl later in the year.

"We had offers from various labels after the iTunes exclusive
launched," says lead singer Rob Thorne. "WorldSound was the right
choice for so many reasons, not least of which was their commitment to
getting the band on the road in a big way. We can't wait to get out
there and play for the Oathbangers!"

The mastermind behind WorldSound is Warren Wyatt, best known in the
metal world for his work with Crimson Glory and Saigon Kick.
Distribution in the US and Canada will be through E1 Entertainment
(formerly Koch). The following statement was issued from the
WorldSound office at press time : "Sacred Oath is the greatest and
most influential band you never heard of. Their new release will
offer both a look back as well as a look forward into the future of
heavy metal."

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON SACRED OATH OR WORLDSOUND MUSIC PLEASE
Chip Ruggieri
chip@chipsterpr.com

80's Metal often sounds too butt-rock for me.

Well, depends on what 80's metal you are listening to.
If you think Omen, Jag Panzer, Manilla Road, Cirith Ungol, Attacker, Sacred Oath, etc, etc sound like "Butt Rock" then I have one thing to say to you...

"LEAVE THE F*CKIN' HALL!!" (I mean that nicely as possible of course :) )

Anyhow, I was actually listening to Sacred Oath this morning.
I am curious to hear newer material, as I feel their old stuff is plagued with low budget recording / engineering.

I have the new album but the 12 song Angel Thorn Records version for sale brand new sealed for 15.00 free S&H in USA if anyone is interested.

Well, depends on what 80's metal you are listening to.
If you think Omen, Jag Panzer, Manilla Road, Cirith Ungol, Attacker, Sacred Oath, etc, etc sound like "Butt Rock" then I have one thing to say to you...

"LEAVE THE F*CKIN' HALL!!" (I mean that nicely as possible of course :) )

Anyhow, I was actually listening to Sacred Oath this morning.
I am curious to hear newer material, as I feel their old stuff is plagued with low budget recording / engineering.

QFT! Seriously, I think you're really going to like the new one, the production is light years beyond the early stuff, which is flawed but certainly has that independent label character found on some of that vintage stuff off Shrapnel, Combat, MegaForce, etc...

Haha...they're our locals. Every now and then they play around the bars/clubs over here in Fairfield County. It's a fun band. Rob is a great guy and a good vocalist. I'm not the type who enjoys traditional heavy metal, but they sure put on a good show!

Haha...they're our locals. Every now and then they play around the bars/clubs over here in Fairfield County. It's a fun band. Rob is a great guy and a good vocalist. I'm not the type who enjoys traditional heavy metal, but they sure put on a good show!

Looking forward to seeing them live sometime, I'm sure they are excellent!

BTW, the video for "Counting Zeros" will be on Headbangers Ball May 23rd, here is the press release:

SACRED OATH VIDEO FOR "COUNTING ZEROS" TO GET MTV BROADCAST PREMIER ON HEADBANGER'S BALL MAY 23RD.

"Counting Zeros" -the first video single from Sacred Oath's new self-titled album – will get its broadcast premier on MTV's Headbanger's Ball on Saturday May 23rd. The video will be preceded by an interview with the band about the forthcoming album and the "power to the people" message the video carries.

"Counting Zeros" was featured by iTunes on April 7th as the Discovery Download Pick of the Week, and the album has remained on their Rock Homepage as an exclusive album – "Band on the Rise" – seven weeks since.

The video had its world premier online with MTV Headbanger's Blog on April 10th, and will be featured again on the Blog on May 21st. Headbanger's Blog will also post an additional segment from the MTV interview in which the band discusses their recent success with iTunes and introduce their newest member – bassist Brendan Kelleher.

The following statement was issued by lead singer/guitarist Rob Thorne: "We are SO pleased that MTV has selected our video for Headbanger's Ball. To have it air on Memorial Weekend is perfect, absolutely perfect! Let this be our contribution to remembering what American soldiers have died to protect, and a poignant reminder that it's our job as civilians to keep our eye on the ball here at home."

The band recently signed with WorldSound Label Group in a deal that includes marketing, pressing and distribution of the new album and encompasses the catalog recordings A Crystal Vision, Darkness Visible, and 'Till Death Do Us Part as well. Distribution will be handled through E1 Entertainment (formerly Koch). The official release date for the CD is set at July 14th.

Headbanger's Ball is and has been the world's most famous metal music video program since it began in the mid 1980's. It airs on MTV2 on Saturday nights from 2:00–3:00 A.M.

For more information, please visit the band's official website www.sacredoath.net.

I just caught their vid on HBB, and I thought it was pretty good. I'm gonna have to check these guys out some more. Not sure how I missed these guys back in the day.

saw the video....very bad. Really good band but that video was horrible. It was nice to see a classic / traditional act get some airplay but 99% of the people who watch that show wont even know where to get thier CD's.

I just caught their vid on HBB, and I thought it was pretty good. I'm gonna have to check these guys out some more. Not sure how I missed these guys back in the day.

Yeah I was wondering the same thing, how did they fly under my radar?

saw the video....very bad. Really good band but that video was horrible. It was nice to see a classic / traditional act get some airplay but 99% of the people who watch that show wont even know where to get thier CD's.

I have to agree, unfortunately the video left a lot to be desired but a cool song nonetheless. Hopefully their budget will increase after the CD comes out and they can do a proper video...