Sad Day for all Floyd Fans

:err: wonderful voice? well, i'd say he was a better keyboard player than he was a singer

He had an awesome voice. Especially on Summer '68 and Let There Be Light, reminds me of latter day Lennon. But the best vocal with him in it is Echoes when he's harmonized with Gilmour. That's just orgasmic.

how about you shut the fuck up

i reserve the right to make fun of anyones death, and i would be happy if people made jokes at my funeral when i died. i wont care, only the whiny bitches that have no right getting offended are the ones that ever care

still gutted about this

Me too... as irrational as it was, I was still dreaming of one last reunion tour & DVD. Listening to nothing but Floyd for the past three days it's really sinking in how much awesomeness we'll now never get to see again. The Live 8 DVD will have to have to do, I suppose.

Stevie Ray Vaughan was the only other guy I got this busted up about when he died.

Nobody gave a shit that Syd Barret died?

Of course we did. I know I did, anyway. But c'mon... Syd wasn't there for most of their best work. I love the Syd-era stuff, but stuff like Atom Heart Mother, Meddle, Dark Side, Wish You Were Here & Animals is where it's really at for me.

Of course we did. I know I did, anyway. But c'mon... Syd wasn't there for most of their best work. I love the Syd-era stuff, but stuff like Atom Heart Mother, Meddle, Dark Side, Wish You Were Here & Animals is where it's really at for me.

I agree with you there, but in my opinion Syd Barrett had A LOT to do with Pink Floyd's fame.

I've got a bike, You can ride it if you like It's got a basket, a bell that rings And things to make it look good.

I agree with you there, but in my opinion Syd Barrett had A LOT to do with Pink Floyd's fame.

I've got a bike, You can ride it if you like It's got a basket, a bell that rings And things to make it look good.

I don't disagree with you one bit. They may never have been a Pink Floyd without Syd. The difference for me being that the Floyd material that has been such an enormous part of the soundtrack of my own life is constituted primarily of the post-Syd era, so I never really connected with his music the way I did the Gilmour-era stuff.

I would say though, that both Rick AND Syd's contributions and overall importance to the Floyd legend have been greatly underestimated over the years.

I don't disagree with you one bit. They may never have been a Pink Floyd without Syd. The difference for me being that the Floyd material that has been such an enormous part of the soundtrack of my own life is constituted primarily of the post-Syd era, so I never really connected with his music the way I did the Gilmour-era stuff.

I would say though, that both Rick AND Syd's contributions and overall importance to the Floyd legend have been greatly underestimated over the years.

I agree with you 100%

I'm not hating on Rick at all, and I'm even like you in liking Post-Syd material better, but you're right that neither get the respect they deserve.

This thread should have been about both Syd and Rick, because both are the heart and soul of Pink Floyd.

You can bet that they influenced the other members of the band, and had a profound effect on the music later on.

poor joke but its not even close to as bad as some of you whinging pricks are making it sound. people like this cock have been on forums since they first came about. ignore him and he'll shut the fuck up. not hard.