Sad news...

Very very sad news :(

Thoughts with his family and friends.

RIP - you will be missed.

Shell Shock singer dies....Rest in Peace Jeff....A little history here as well, read

Our singer Jeff DeLorenzo died on Sunday May 4, 2007. He was a good frontman and he will be missed.

Jeff joined Shell Shock in Oct of 2006 after our original singer, Andy, left to join the army. Jeff came in with a ton of ambition. It was something he always wanted to do but never had the chance. When he got the chance he gave it all he had. It was a little rough in the begining but then he came into his own. He had many plans and dreams for the future of Shell Shock. Unfortunately his timing wasn't the best and the rest of the band around him started to fall apart. Members started to plan their departure and I (Scoot) started to lose the ambition to continue even with Jeff's encouragement, my heart wasn't into it anymore. (Maybe 18 years of dealing with band crap will do that to you.)

The orignal plan was for Jeff and I to continue as a new band with the songs we had written but then that started to fall apart before it really started. My ambition just wasn't there anymore. And that was the end of it, or so we thought.

Shell Shock scheduled our "LAST" show for Dec '07 and we had both Andy and Jeff on vocals. It was a fun and sad show. I thought this was going to be it for us but... Over the next few months I was surprised how many offers I got for Shell Shock to play again and I turned them all down. The we got an offer to play an Autism Benefit in June 2008 @ the Pyramid and it was a cause that hit home so we all agreed to get back together and do it.

As it turns out our Dec '07 show would be our last show with Jeff because on the morning of Sunday May 4, 2008 Jeff didn't wake up. A tragic loss for Shell Shock and a bigger loss for his family and friends. Jeff had a heart of gold especially when it came to animals. He loved animals.

I felt guilty when Shell Shock originally broke up because I knew how much Jeff loved it and I felt I was taking it away from him. He asked me 1,000 times to keep playing but my heart just wasn't there anymore. But his time in Shell Shock seemed to kick him into gear and he started writing songs and jamming with Ralph Ole Boy and was in the process of getting his own band together. So if he got anything out of Shell Shock maybe he found something he loved to do and he did it until he died.

Jeff we miss you already, and I really hope you're in a better place................love Scoot

We ALL miss you- Scoot, Tommy, Scott, and Andy
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=1957120

:cry::cry::cry: