Sadus Update

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
SADUS: In Writing Mode!
Veteran San Francisco Bay Area thrashers SADUS, who feature in their ranks current TESTAMENT bassist Steve DiGiorgio and drummer Jon Allen, are working on the material for their next album, tentatively due in late 2003/early 2004. "We're not casting illusions or any visions of anger on you," the band said in a statement on their official web site. "We've got about half the songs we need for a new one, so given the time to get the other half done, combined with the fact that we've been getting out on the road and playing a few shows these days….well just be patient for a wee bit longer and we'll be back in your face!!!"

In other news, Hammerheart Records has just made available on CD the first demo of SADUS, the 1986 recording of "D.T.P." (Death To Posers). Also included on the new disc are two songs from the group's very under-distributed 1987 demo, "Certain Death". "Eight songs in all, and not much changed from the original raw sound but a little of that razor-blade high hiss taken down for modern digital CDs," the band said. "A nice and, by the band's request, simple cover made by long time friend Travis Smith. The demo's re-release is not anything but a response for the fans to obtain a somewhat cult (if I dare say) classic recording, including Mr. Hammerheart, whose idea it was to release it..!"

From Blabbermouth.net

Sadus played a few months back there at the Pound, didn't C. Billy come out a belt out one at the end of the set?

Whatever song that was, it was awesome! I heard somewhere it was something off their Suicide Shift efforts, but whatever it was, it sounded great.

So long as there's DL, SS, Testament, or Sadus, I'm happy.