safest and least safe cities in the country released

[size=+0]Crimes per 100,000 population[/size]
[size=-1] Natl. average [/size][size=-1]Richmond, VA [/size][size=-1]Camden, NJ[/size]

Population 114,967 195,375 85,142
Violent crimes 506.1 1,199.71, 957.9
Property crimes 3,617.9 7,353.0 5,681.1
Murder 5.5 36.9 28.2
Forcible rape 32.0 56.3 81.0
Robbery 144.9 571.7 786.9
Aggravated assault323.6 534.9 1,061.8
Burglary 728.4 1,448.0 1,380.0
Larceny-theft 2,475.3 4,528.7 2,941.0
Motor vehicle theft414.2 1,376.3 1,360.1
Arson 32.2 n/a n/a

Gary is the epitome of ex-industrial Midwestern poverty dens. Flint, MI is more famous because of Michael Moore, but Gary is like Flint times five.

Tons of empty factories and buildings, no jobs at all, lots of rust everywhere.

for not having ever been there, xfer paints an accurate picture.
not that i've been there, i've just been through there. all that broken and pointy post-industrial metal is dangerous.

kind of like the time me and my friends drove through east st louis looking for the cahokia mounds. i'd have thought they'd be near a town called cahokia, but OH NO.

xfer said:
Gary is the epitome of ex-industrial Midwestern povety dens. Flint, MI is more famous because of Michael Moore, but Gary is like Flint times five.

Tons of empty factories and buildings, no jobs at all, lots of rust everywhere.

And to think Gary, IN once was the subject of musical numbers....

MusicMan3182GaryInd_jpg.jpg

24%20-%20Gary%20Indiana%20on%20Bench.JPG

i absolutely love how the band are spreading the word about Imo's suckitude.
maybe out of towners will actually call st louisans on that crap and get these poor bastards some learnin on what real pizza is. it's really like a sick joke that only i get.

chupe666 said:
i absolutely love how the band are spreading the word about Imo's suckitude.
maybe out of towners will actually call st louisans on that crap and get these poor bastards some learnin on what real pizza is. it's really like a sick joke that only i get.

I hear ya there...tho you'd think "the Hill" has come good pizza...during my visits/livin around StL I only got vague descriptions on good Italian eats there, so I missed out on finding any unknown dives with good pizza maybe?
U-City i remember had some good pizza.... all is not so bad in StL, it's just Imo's :yuk:

FrostGiant said:
Here in Wisconsin we only have to worry about the occasional serial killer.

Or hunters gone on a shooting spree.... that's what caught my attention today on the local midwest news. 6 people killed. good quote from the articles on this in a WI paper "When I first heard about it I thought to myself 'I hope it's not anybody I know.' Then it turned out it's . . .'Everybody I know.' " the more i read about this incident tho, the more gruesome it gets...

On the subject of unexpected locations for bad crime, there is a small town in North Carolina called Shelby. I have a friend who is an art teacher at a MIDDLE SCHOOl there, she has so far had 3 of her students involved in gang shootings. Apparently, this middle of nowhere town has the most gangland activity outside of like Compton. In fact there is so much activity there that the FBI has placed a sort of headquarters there to study the gang activity patterns. Weird.

Yeah, that whole thing about Shelby is pretty weird. When I was there for my cousin's wedding, though, it seemed like a nice little town. It must have some bad areas I didn't see.