saffire pro 14 ? and opinions

Pitbulltodd

New Metal Member
Jun 29, 2011
i'm trying to get a decent dry tone to send to someone for reamping. what would give me better results, a saffire pro 14 with no di box or a really good di box going into my pod gx or any other suggestions. i only have about $250 to spend.

Well I think a lot of the dry tracks signals are totally dependent on the type guitar used/pickups more so the DI box and interface. Don't get me wrong, of course a good DI box and interface helps. I've seen a lot of good re-amps coming from some bs interfaces too. All in all, I think if the guys good at reamping you'll get a killer sound regardless, but the source signal is dependent upon several things, like pickups, guitar, the player, picking, etc....You may just have to run a trial and error and see what works the best. Or do an A/B with your source dry tracks with what you have available. If that doesn't work then you'll know you need to change it up. Hope that helps.

Not long ago one guy sent me DIs recorded on guitar equipped with SD Hot Rodded set into instrument input of Saffire Pro 14 and there was clipping (with gain set to minimum) with character more like preamp than converter clipping. Not quite revelation, because specifications of Saffires (up to Pro 40) have relatively small maximum input level.