Saga Tribute album - Enchant Interested?

smga3000

New Metal Member
Nov 6, 2002
california
www.progrock.com
Hi guys,

I sent this email to Doug, but with the holidays I didn't want it to get lost in the shuffle. Over at ProgRock.com (www.progrock.com) we've started a record label appropriatly enough called ProgRock Records. We've been getting some real solid interest including from Saga's management. We've been able to get one of our acts an opening slot for Saga in Toronto so far and with their management have just approved for us to do a tribute album.

We've got half the act slots confirmed and half are pending some negotiations. Given what fans Enchant is of Saga I thought this would be absolutely perfect and hopefully expose a ready market to your style.

If Enchant has any interest in this at all, please email me at shawn@progrock.com.

Thanks,
Shawn

Thanks for thinking of us Shawn

Saga is a huge influence of Doug and myself for sure.

E-mail me the details from my bio page.

Thanks

Hey Shawn

Holidays were good hope yours were as well.

Doug and I talked about this and we will e-mail you.

He may already have.

Ed

Well, that could be an interesting project! Is there any song you (Ed) and the rest of Enchant might prefer in that case?

I am very much into the early works of Saga (Behaviour was the first album I heard from Saga and was basically my first "prog experience"!) and I´d love to hear Ted sing "Don`t be late" from the album Silent Knight or Catwalk from Heads or Tales. Could be a blast!

Guido

I've done a few emails with Ed about the tribute, and he and Doug were interested and Doug was supposed to get in touch with me, but I haven't heard anything now in a few weeks. I hope they decide to do it though.

The contest is also on my site www.progrock.com. If you are a fan of Enchant then you will also like Saga. I've been listening to them since 1979 and have always enjoyed their music.

Shawn

Hey guys

Still not certain about being able to pull this off? We are working hard on the next release and some other pressing issues first. We really need to focus on the next release first.

We have not forgot about it. :)

Shawn how does Saga feel about this ?

Saga loves the idea, this is officially sanctioned by Saga and their management. We got the official "invitation" letters from them recently. I can certainly understand you guys being busy, especially with the new keyboardist. We're assuming about 6 months to get the project completed, some acts will finish quicker than others. I'm kind of thinking since you guys already know some Saga tunes, and you have you're own studio, that you could probably do it pretty quickly so it wouldn't be a big drain in the schedule (at least that's what I'm hoping).

Seems like everyone is recording right now, but we've got 9 or 10 acts committed right now and there is only room for 12 I think.

Shawn