Sam Dunn's "Global Metal" Film !!!

Yeah, I can't wait for this - not only because he was here filming an Orphaned Land show, but also because his first film was great and I think he tackled a great subject this time around and it's something that's always interested me.

More interested in his Maiden documentary though. I saw Sam and I believe "Metal" Tim (BWBK guy) hanging outside the ACC before the show.

Sweet. I loved Metal: AHBJ, hopefully this is just as good. Or better! His chart may have been different from what I would have done, but that just comes down to opinion. Go Sam go!

Really want to see this, looks like it will be really informative. I remember there was a little section at the end of the Ian Christe book about metal world wide, but this will be a sweet look into something I really don't know much about.

Really want to see this, looks like it will be really informative. I remember there was a little section at the end of the Ian Christe book about metal world wide, but this will be a sweet look into something I really don't know much about.

Yeah, while the last movie was cool, I don't think I learned anything new. Hopefully, this one will be an eye-opener to global metal.

I just finished watching it, and thought it was great. While the first one was entertaining, it didn't really tell me anything I didn't know already. But this one really showed different and interesting parts of the world that I don't know too much about, and specifically their metal scenes which I know nothing about.

Just wanted to say that maybe it's because I'm from here and my perspecive is hardly objective, but I think the whole "situation" here was a tad exaggerated. No, that's probably the wrong word. It was eccenuated. I wish he could have filmed, for example, a bit more of Tel Aviv, which is closer to what other western cities look and act like.
And also, it's not as if we constantly fear some terrorist act when we walk outside - I don't even remember the last time I thought about a suicide bomber when I was on a bus (but the fact that I have done it at some time may say something). But overall, I was fairly pleased with how Israeli metal was displayed. And it's true that quite a few of our bands are heavy as fuck.

And on another note, during the Dubai festival scene, there was a band coming on that had some shitty electronic intro, and as I was thinking "what the fuck", they showed Anders Friden come on stage...

I watched it earlier today... Great documentary !
It Make me realize even more how i am lucky to live in a country where i can walk around with my long hair, my metal shirt
and go to concerts without the fear of being oppressed by the police/army...
For those who haven't seen it yet... Highly recommended ! :headbang: