Sam Dunn's "Global Metal" Film !!!

Not a bad time waster but too much focus was placed on 4th rate Sepultura clones (India, Indonesia etc) as opposed to actually interviewing bands with talent (Japanese segment).

Those Sigh guys make me laugh though. They remind me of old high school buds who were major Razor and Venom fans. The Thrash is better than everything else mentality :rolleyes:

Watched it w/ Bry from GOW last night. Awesome!

btw - I wanna drum for a U.A.E. death metal band in Dubai. :kickass: ...better add that to the list. Where's Peter at? Give me some insight man? :)

I hate the heat + blastbeat madness, I'd get skinny as fuck out there I think, it would be intense.

I saw this at Wacken movie night back in July (yes, they have a movie night before any bands actually play). Fantastically done, very informative. Pretty much every part of the world people wouldn't think associated with metal has some sort of scene out there and it was very fascinating to actually see how it plays into the lives of people in these countries and definitely presents a view not seen on TV about the state of the world, especially in supposed "3rd world" countries.

Watched it w/ Bry from GOW last night. Awesome!

btw - I wanna drum for a U.A.E. death metal band in Dubai. :kickass: ...better add that to the list. Where's Peter at? Give me some insight man? :)

I hate the heat + blastbeat madness, I'd get skinny as fuck out there I think, it would be intense.

Woah...i donno how i missed this but yea david i think i mentioned this to you earlier but extreme metal drummers are in short supply here. One band that i am sure is looking for a drummer is Nervecell www.nervecell.net, check out their tracks at www.myspace.com/nervecell
The drummer on their album "Preaching Venom" was Dave Haley of Psycroptic.
A bit late but i hope that helps ya.

Peter - it's often on my mind, the idea of teaching in Dubai for a year and drumming in a metal band there. I'm on mailing lists for lots of international teaching jobs, and I always look at the details of the ones being offered out there. Maybe sooner or later...I'll go do it! \w/

+ IMO, "Global Metal" is cool, but inter-global / cross-global whatever you may call it, people playing in metal bands in different countries other than their own is a whole other world, and even cooler!!! I'd love to see more of this, worldwide!

Example: Canadian metal drummers in Korea! :)

i hate the closeminded kids i talked about that film
all they said was "I thought it was going to be more like european stuff"
personally i'd rather hear about something i don't know then the same old stuff

True, but there are a lot of really solid bands in Eastern Europe that not many people know about that could have also been covered.

True, but there are a lot of really solid bands in Eastern Europe that not many people know about that could have also been covered.

That would be hella interesting for sure, especially cause I have an odd interest in that part of Europe, no one ever talks about it in the history books, or politics!

Still have yet to see it, though I did see Heavy Metal in Baghdad which was fantastic and mega informative, though served a bit of a different role than I'm sure this movie aims to. Should have asked for it for Christmas, maybe I'll pick it up next time I'm out