Samael North American Tour with Strapping and Cathedral..who is going???

MindInsane

From the vastly deep
Jun 17, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Samael North American Tour with support from Strapping Young Lad and Cathedral....I'm so completely bummed..the closest they are coming to me is San Fran..9 hours from my house :cry: If anyone is going please let me know how it was! Samael is one of my favorites!

9-12, @ The Pound SF
9-13, @ Ventura Theater, Ventura
9-14, @ The Whiskey, Hollywood
9-15, @ Galaxy Theater, Santa Ana
9-16, @ Bash On Ash, Phoenix

There's more...Texas, and East coast dates on their website. The website is really killer!

metalmaiden said:
I'll be at the Galaxy in Santa Ana :)

Cool Metalmaiden! Have fun and I need a full report!:tickled: I jealous! This is one of those bands for me that's on a list of MUST SEE IN CONCERT bands! I'm so pissed they aren't coming to Portland..or even Seattle..I'd drive up there for it!

I was at this show on 9/8. Samael is one of my top 10 favorite bands of all time! Strapping Young Lad is ok, but they have never really done anything for me. My wife and I decided to just hang out at the bar until Samael went on. They were excellent as always. My only complaint would be that they didn't play "A Man In Your Head" (they didn't in '99 either so I guess that's not a big surprise!) and they only played two songs off of Ceremony Of Opposites (Black Trip and Son Of Earth) which should be a crime!

Either way it was a fantastic show. I think Samael is the most underrated extreme metal band of all time. Here's what I remember being played and it's not in this order:

Black Trip
Son Of Earth
Rain
Shining Kingdom
My Savior
Jupiterian Vibe
The Ones Who Came Before
Chosen Race
They also played about five or six off of Eternal but I can't remember which ones off the top of my head!

Triumphant Apostle said:
I was at this show on 9/8. Samael is one of my top 10 favorite bands of all time! Strapping Young Lad is ok, but they have never really done anything for me. My wife and I decided to just hang out at the bar until Samael went on. They were excellent as always. My only complaint would be that they didn't play "A Man In Your Head" (they didn't in '99 either so I guess that's not a big surprise!) and they only played two songs off of Ceremony Of Opposites (Black Trip and Son Of Earth) which should be a crime!

Either way it was a fantastic show. I think Samael is the most underrated extreme metal band of all time. Here's what I remember being played and it's not in this order:

Black Trip
Son Of Earth
Rain
Shining Kingdom
My Savior
Jupiterian Vibe
The Ones Who Came Before
Chosen Race
They also played about five or six off of Eternal but I can't remember which ones off the top of my head!

Thanks Triumphant! Excellent report! I feel the same way about Strapping...don't like it much. I'm suprised they didn't play more off of Ceremony..that's their best cd. I think they are extremely underrated too, a lot of people are missing out!

MindInsane said:
Thanks Triumphant! Excellent report! I feel the same way about Strapping...don't like it much. I'm suprised they didn't play more off of Ceremony..that's their best cd. I think they are extremely underrated too, a lot of people are missing out!

You're welcome! The first time I saw them ( October of 1994 opening for Cannibal Corpse) I had no clue who they were. The whole set was split between Blood Ritual and Ceremony songs. That show rocked and I knew I had to buy all of their albums after that. I distinctly remember them playing "Baphomets Throne" at that show, and after hearing that I decided I had to have all of their albums. Ever since then I have been a huge Samael fan and I'll always support them.

I don't think it will be that long before they tour the states again since I know they have a new album coming out, I just don't know when. My only complaint with them is their track record of touring here( saw them at the aformentioned '94 show, then had to wait until '99 and on top of it drive to Chicago, and they haven't been here since until now!) so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I think you'll get another chance pretty soon. They need to get on a package tour with Arch Enemy or someone who can expose them to a larger audience.

I will be at the show on the 16th in Phoenix. Looking forward to it as I have missed them each time they have played in the US before.

Triumphant Apostle said:
You're welcome! The first time I saw them ( October of 1994 opening for Cannibal Corpse) I had no clue who they were. The whole set was split between Blood Ritual and Ceremony songs. That show rocked and I knew I had to buy all of their albums after that. I distinctly remember them playing "Baphomets Throne" at that show, and after hearing that I decided I had to have all of their albums. Ever since then I have been a huge Samael fan and I'll always support them.

I don't think it will be that long before they tour the states again since I know they have a new album coming out, I just don't know when. My only complaint with them is their track record of touring here( saw them at the aformentioned '94 show, then had to wait until '99 and on top of it drive to Chicago, and they haven't been here since until now!) so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I think you'll get another chance pretty soon. They need to get on a package tour with Arch Enemy or someone who can expose them to a larger audience.

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed...you're right..their U.S. visits are very few and far between!

I pop by the chance for exceptional gigs when I don't need to get up for work the next day. Nice place.