Sample Format Question

Spokid

Feb 24, 2013
Okay, so I know this isn't really the place to ask this, but I also know that someone here will have the answer.

When you buy samples from the Chango Studio online store, do you also get the WAV files?

The way their online sample store is set up, there's little to no information about each product, so I would hate to buy something and find out I can't use it.

(I REALLY didn't want to ask this question in the Chango group, so if anyone here could answer it, I'd appreciate it very much.)

I bought the original WIM set back in december and it gave me just the NKI's so for the wav's i had to have a buddy convert them to from NKI to .wav from Kontakt 5.

Hmm...

Since they just launched a ton of new sample sets, I'm hoping they do WAV files now too, but I'm worried that that might not be the case.

Yeah I wish he'd do a checklist like Sturgis, I did buy the podfarm tones just because they were cheap. I'll do like a rough unprocessed play through thing when I have time using a couple of the tones and the WIM drums from numbers I already have.

Awesome. I'd love to hear some of the new stuff. I guess they're working on getting some more examples up on the site but until then, it's kind of hard to pull the trigger on buying anything.

If anyone can tell me 100% if the new samples come with WAV files or not, it'd be greatly appreciated.

I don't know why they don't just list what you get on the page...

I just put the Renob, Nevada stems and threw some tones on there, used 3 different chango tones just released, the 1st tone is used on the "intro guitars" the 2nd tone is the same for the "rhythm guitars" on the whole song, the 3rd used is on the "lead guitar". The drums are the Chango WIM "Number" kit which is the first one not the new one.

I did nothing to the drums or guitars, what you hear is basically what you buy right when you put it on without EQ or anything.

https://soundcloud.com/elculoputos/chango-tones-drums-unmixed

Not too bad. They sound pretty good, so I'd imagine they'd only get better with a little processing (depending on who's doing the processing I suppose).

I just put the Renob, Nevada stems and threw some tones on there, used 3 different chango tones just released, the 1st tone is used on the "intro guitars" the 2nd tone is the same for the "rhythm guitars" on the whole song, the 3rd used is on the "lead guitar". The drums are the Chango WIM "Number" kit which is the first one not the new one.

I did nothing to the drums or guitars, what you hear is basically what you buy right when you put it on without EQ or anything.

https://soundcloud.com/elculoputos/chango-tones-drums-unmixed

thanks! any preset that dont need the metalpack?

So I was told (and figured I'd share it here) that not all the sample packs come with WAV files, but that if you paid for the sample pack, and then requested the WAV files, they would send them to you.