Sequencing Chango Drums

benjy

Jun 8, 2012
Hey dudes quick question. I recently got the chango FOP kit. Each of the wav files is labeld ...L and ...R. Do you double track or place each sample for a left and right pan type thing or do you just use on sample?

yeah you would double them and pan to the ways they are labeled cause listen to that snare in the middle. then one left and one right. huuuuugggge difference :)

yeah you would double them and pan to the ways they are labeled cause listen to that snare in the middle. then one left and one right. huuuuugggge difference :)

wait.. theyre not left and right hand articulations? ಠ_ಠ

I thought it was left and right hands too, but I was wrong. I just like the kick and toms. Snare isn't my favourite.

Yea too roomy or something IMO. I loaded both into ultra beat and panned them sounds better. A bit beefier sits in my mixes a little better to. Not really loving these. The kick does make stuff sound huge though.

The snare sounds too electronic for my tastes. But some bands like that. If the shoe fits..

well, if I'm right (correct me if i'm not), when you're routing SSD you can see 2 channels for each element (2 for kick, 2 for snare,..). So you want to rout the kick for example on 2 different channels tracks (not assigned yet), then you pan each one hard left and hard right. Next you can trigg each one (the L panned with the SNARE04_L and the R panned with the SNARE04_R if you want the snare4). The last step is to creat a new mono group track and rout the two (L and R) into this track. Finally you could apply EQ, processing, etc.. on this last track.