Sample replacing drums

Ericlingus

Prettiest Hair Around
Oct 31, 2006
I have some questions on triggers and drum samples. First of all how do guys get good trigger tracks without so much bleed? When I did it on fast parts like blast beats the trigger track had so much bleed where the bleed was even louder than the actual drum snare hit I wanted to replace/augment. Same with double kick parts. I also find that I it is skipping some of the hits when using slate's trigger. How do you guys manage this? I have to add take the blast beat and double kick parts and put them on another track and add trigger with different settings. Also, how do you deal with velocities? Right now its like all the hits are all triggering the hardest hits all the time. How do you guys set it up? Are you guys using the hardest hits for snare drums for the most part?

what do yo uuse the sample the drums once they are MIDI? All I really have is groove agent that comes with cubase 6.5. I guess it doesn't really matter since I'm just going to use Trigger anyways for the actual sample sounds.

what do yo uuse the sample the drums once they are MIDI? All I really have is groove agent that comes with cubase 6.5. I guess it doesn't really matter since I'm just going to use Trigger anyways for the actual sample sounds.

You can use Trigger for MIDI in, as long as it's version 2. Trigger v1 randomly inserts slight delays into MIDI input for some crazy reason.

Me, I use Kontakt. Battery would be even easier and do what you need if you don't want to dive into all the complexity of Kontakt.