Sample the whole Dream Theater album

It seems like they might be trying a little bit of the Gothenburg-style stuff.

Maybe As I Am is the clunker on this one, like Voices on Awake or You Not Me on FII.

Demonspell said:
The excerpts of This Empty Soul and Stream Of Consciousness sounded promising enough, I'm all for DT doing a heavier album as long as the metallic elements are incorporated with more success than on that first single.

Hey DS, what can you tell me about a german band called Soul Cages? Someone compared them to Sieges Even and I became interested. Do you have any info or know a place where I can download a sample? thanks. :)

Alex999 said:
Wow, I never thought I'd see someone who disliked Voices. It's *the* song on the album imo. Weird how tastes differ.
Go figure. Don't worry, I still maintain that the Great Debate is their worst song ever. 14 minutes of boring samples and stolen riffs. And that was the track I was looking forward to hearing...

ive listened to a few albums by dream theater,i cant decide weather i like em or not.
i tried awake,images and words and another one i cant remember,i think for me the music and the voice just doesn't seem quite the right match,the music can be fairly heavy at times while the singer sounds like he should be in a choir.

not all the songs,but it just doesn't really work for me.

a lot of people said that stuff about DT getting heavier when they heard "The Glass Prison" from 6DOIT and look what they produced: a very solid album. i am awaiting the album's release and then gobbling up the first copy i find.

i'm not even sure i want to sample the tracks at that location provided, i wanna almost keep it virgin until the release...the temptation is there however.