San Antonio roll call....also who else on bill....-

Did anyone else think Enslaved was too loud?
Yes, definitely. I threw in my earplugs during the first song and my ears were still ringing after they finished their set. It's too bad too, Opeth's sound levels were perfect. Fucking sounded like machine guns but it wasn't unnecessarily loud. I just wish I had arrived later so I could have better enjoyed Opeth without the ear damage.

and the venue looked like they were fucking scrambling and forgot about there being a show. I thought the doors were supposed to open at 7:00, not 7:45?

I never saw the pit. I don't doubt there was one, but it must have been pretty small.

There were a couple pits of note, namely whichever one pushed the front of the crowd (including me) into the stage gate, thereby knocking it over!

^^ Someone said something about the logistics being crappy.. yea someone should have been fired for this one.

Overall the show was fantastic. This was my fifth Opeth show and if I had to compare it with all the others I would have said it was my best experience. I cannot quite decide if it was my favorite setlist, but at least I did not have to: 1) Deal with a shite crowd 2) Protect my girlfriend from a meth addict 3) See crappy opening acts.

Even if it was not the best setlist, the chance to hear 'Karma' and 'Hessian Peel' live was amazing; my buddy that I was with actually heard them play it during a soundcheck too. Also Per's keys were balanced better than any other show and the mellotron that he adds to 'Demon of the Fall' makes the song 11x more sinister.

Mikael was more hilarious than any of the previous times. He has genuine confidence now between the music, probably because people know to expect his dry and ironic sense of humor.

BTW I was wearing a Destruction t-shirt - 'Metal Discharge' skull logo - that said 'Thrash Till Death' on the back. Also loudly requested 'As Fire Swept Clean The Earth... mellotron!' prompting Grutle's 'Be patient' response. :headbang:

- Will