San Fran show update :(

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
As many of you know, the San Francisco show is cancelled. Here is the official statement from Blind Guardian:

"On the morning of Dec. 11, BLIND GUARDIAN had their rented bus break down 90 miles outside of Seattle," a source close to the band told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. "The bus had a malfunction with one of the airbags on the suspension of the bus. The band was able to hire a local truck to take the trailer with the gear and half the crew to Seattle to make the show happen at Graceland. The rest of the band and crew then followed in rental transportation to make the performance. The coach company had told the band that the part required would be [in Seattle] on Dec. 12 in the morning via overnight carrier and they would be on their way. The part has not arrived and the bus is still broke down and the band separated from the coach is in Seattle hotel.

"It is now late in the day on Dec. 12 and again the band has been told the part will be here in the morning of Dec. 13 and repair and departure to follow thereafter. All avenues to find alternate transportation for band, crew, trailer and gear have been exhausted. They have no recourse but to wait for repair of coach.

"The date in San Francisco at The Pound is cancelled there will be no performance by any of the tour participants. The band and all involved with the tour wish to express their regret in the missed date as no one wants to perform for the fans in San Francisco more then the band themselves."

According to InsideOut Music, it's "out of our hands" and the show at this time is indeed completely cancelled (I was hoping at least Symphony X, who were already in San Francisco, could at least play instead of there being an empty club). I have a phone call in to "The Pound" in case something is worked out so that they can call me to let me know, but as of this time, the show is cancelled. If Jax hears from Romeo otherwise I'm sure she will post here or on the mailing list as well. Sorry folks :(