SANCTUARY Completes Work On 'The Year The Sun Died'...

Sumeet

Aug 9, 2005
Tampa
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sanctuary-completes-work-on-the-year-the-sun-died/

Interesting... I had completely lost track of this, and now the album is apparently done and set for release in September. I really only started listening to Sanctuary the year before they played ProgPower, but I quickly became a big fan of both albums. With a quarter-century gap between studio albums, it's tough to figure what the new disc will sound like... and Warrel Dane certainly isn't shedding any light on the situation by making comments like "This record is not going to sound like the other two. It might sound very similar to the second one". Heh. The two clips of new songs performed live in 2012 seem reasonably good, but I wonder how much those resemble the final studio tracks. I look forward to hearing the full album.

LOVE this band....and they more than brought live both times I saw them

Take my money!

New album "A Show of Force" on the way, featuring Kelly Conlon (ex-DEATH), Andre' Corbin (ex-HELSTAR), and a cover of SANCTUARY's "Battle Angels"

What band is this? Last I knew, Andre Corbin had not played guitar in a while. Mind you, this was 10 years ago, but still, Corbin/Barragan were my favorite guitar tandem next to Matheos/Aresti while growing up! I'm psyched to know what band this is!!!:headbang:

New album "A Show of Force" on the way, featuring Kelly Conlon (ex-DEATH), Andre' Corbin (ex-HELSTAR), and a cover of SANCTUARY's "Battle Angels"

What band is this? Last I knew, Andre Corbin had not played guitar in a while. Mind you, this was 10 years ago, but still, Corbin/Barragan were my favorite guitar tandem next to Matheos/Aresti while growing up! I'm psyched to know what band this is!!!:headbang:

This is my band Temple of Blood. Andre' is playing solos on the new album, as well as another "name" guitarist that I am not ready to announce yet. HELSTAR were my favorite guitar duo as well and Andre' is a super nice guy.

Same here.

I am with both of you. I saw Sanctuary twice within the year they played Prog Power. Yeah they were alright, but not the same such as what happens when bands get old. I am not going to hold my breathe on this new album. Maybe hear some clips and then get a better idea, but not going to run right out and nab it at first glance.

I think Warrel's solo album demonstrated that he is just a great songwriter. It's a skill he's honed. He just gets it. I'll be surprised if this is subpar.

Right, and the album is really good. Not as thrashy as the first Sanctuary, which was Mustaine's finest hour ever, but more like "...Mirror Black" meets "Dreaming Neon Black", with a much better production than any of those :)

"This is a very modern-sounding record with roots still firmly planted in old-school six-string metal and I gotta give him creds for that."

What he means is "Guess we're not gonna play Ragnarokkr fest guys..."

Well, saying that Dave Mustaine's production on "Refuge Denied" can only be taken as a joke. The album is really good, better than I expected.
Don't know if the production is better than "Dreaming Neon Black" and sure it has some of Warrel's pessimistic moments that I adore, but it doesn't get even close.
The title track is all the money.

SANCTUARY - THE YEAR THE SUN DIED ALBUM ARTWORK, MORE DETAILS REVEALED

Legendary Seattle metal band, Sanctuary, have posted the artwork to their upcoming album, The Year The Sun Died, which was created by Travis Smith (Opeth, Nevermore).

The album will be released on October 6th in Europe and October 14th in North America and will feature 11 tracks. There will be a deluxe media book, available exclusively at CM Distro in the United States, which features expanded packaging and the bonus track, “Waiting For The Sun”, originally recorded by The Doors. The vinyl version will come with a CD featuring this bonus track as well.

p18vajcnle1om7lr5ft5qg1kv24.jpg

The 11 songs on the CD and LP are as follows:

"Arise And Purify"
"Let The Serpent Follow Me"
"Exitium (Anthem Of The Living)"
"Question Existence Fading"
"I Am Low"
"Frozen"
"One Final Day (Sworn To Believe)"
"The World Is Wired "
"The Dying Age"
"Ad Vitam Aeternam"