SANCTUARY Completes Work On 'The Year The Sun Died'...

Received my copy of the album and aside from the music itself (like it so far, not mindblowing but a good album), I happened to notice that the back cover says Copyright 2013. Did they sit on a finished product for 10+ months? Simple typo/oversight?

Received my copy of the album and aside from the music itself (like it so far, not mindblowing but a good album), I happened to notice that the back cover says Copyright 2013. Did they sit on a finished product for 10+ months? Simple typo/oversight?

It's quite possible all the songs were written by the end of 2013 and copyrighted, but not actually recorded for the final product until early this year.

Then again, you're talking to a guy who finished an album in 2001 and had it come out in 2004, so...

This album kicks ass in my opinion. I really hope they do a proper U.S. tour for this thing. I wasn't expecting Refuge Denied 2.0 and if anyone was, they were crazy to think that Warrell would continue to sing like that. With that said, again I would love to hear them play some of their classic tunes live along with killer tracks like Arise and Purify and The World is Wired.

It's quite possible all the songs were written by the end of 2013 and copyrighted, but not actually recorded for the final product until early this year.
That wouldn't surprise me, but the copyright statement was for Century Media, which I would assume they own the copyright on the final product, rather than the compositions. Granted, I'm just guessing here since music contract law isn't my line of work, so perhaps I'm wrong.

There are no recording dates in the liner notes, it just says where it was recorded, not when, so not much in the way of clues. If anyone has any insight about it, I'd be curious to know what might explain it, aside from a typo.

This album kicks ass in my opinion. I really hope they do a proper U.S. tour for this thing. I wasn't expecting Refuge Denied 2.0 and if anyone was, they were crazy to think that Warrell would continue to sing like that. With that said, again I would love to hear them play some of their classic tunes live along with killer tracks like Arise and Purify and The World is Wired.

I just picked up this album. I second your assessment - this album is major good. I'm thinking they would be a good ProgPower band. FYI they played at the Rock Hard festival this summer, which was my introduction to them. I'll post a link.

Last edited by a moderator:
And for Glenn's next rabbit out of the hat...the Nevermore re-union tour and "Dead Heart In A Dead World" complete album performed...

I'd take that or Dreaming Neon Black. Sanctuary is an all-time fave though. Headed to Texas from Florida next week with a couple buds from across the country for two nights of Fates Warning and then one night of Sanctuary. 25 years ago they toured together so this is cool to see to see them still out there.

And for Glenn's next rabbit out of the hat...the Nevermore re-union tour and "Dead Heart In A Dead World" complete album performed...
Yes! It's been long enough that I think it's time to turn Neveragain into Neverbefore.

It sounds fairly unlikely though, considering Warrel is doing a European tour playing DHiaDW without the other guys. As much as I love his voice, seeing the full album without it being actual Nevermore isn't nearly as appealing.