Sanctuary show last night?

Not from last night. Warrel was also talking about how "out of shape" he had been with that particular range not too long ago, and that he had been actively taking lessons again (?); or at the very least working hard to work the higher ranges again. Sounds rough here, but the potential can be heard.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is his natural color anyway? I'm assuming blonde, but for all I know it could really be auburn. I know it's his hair and his life, but I don't really like the "ultra goth cowboy" look with the black hair. He looks a lot better to me blonde. :saint:

Amirite?

It's definitely not going to sound like the first one, because we're all a little bit older and I can't come up with a c-clamp for a scrotum and a helium tank . . .
So that was his secret...
Actually, I don't really get the whole "age" thing. Look at how old Halford was before he couldn't do Painkiller perfectly live, and Dickinson always seemed kind of random live, but he was still sounding more than great live up until he was around 50. I know age is going to change a person's voice slightly over time, but I wonder how much of it is age, and how much of it was drinking and other things? Chris Cornell is the perfect example of someone who had a great voice, but completely trashed it through drinking and cigarettes.

Not to imply Warrel doesn't still have a great voice or anything, only that even in the latest footage he seems to be straining really hard and still isn't coming close to what he did in the past with that song. Could have been the song they did later on in the night, so who knows--but considering it seems like it would be the toughest to do live, it's something I think you would want to do before you're worn out during a show.

BTW, why do they even bother posting videos that ultimately sound like shit like two of them did? You hear more of the weak mic distorting than the actual music.

This actually sounds really good live. It was probably one of my top three favorite Sanctuary songs as well, and I think it has some of his best vocals too.

Am I the only one who thinks Warrel kind of resembles Christopher Walken?

Are you asking me who Max is or asking if I'm Max?

I was asking if you were Max. I'm not sure, but I think if I were asking you it would have to look like "Chromatose, who is Max?" to make any sense. I guess I should have just said "Is Chromatose Max?".

The way it's currently worded works perfectly fine in asking me who Max is.

but no *waves hand* this is not the forum user you're looking for.