Sansamp bass driver DI for guitar DI's

I can only speak for a Sansamp PSA-1. It seems like a good tool to jam with but I'm not sure if I'd like it for guitar tones. They have a very particular sound and it always sounds too middy and weird by itself. As a blend it may work, but not alone. This is when plugging directly in. If running it out to a cab your mileage may differ.

Ermz, he asked have people used it as a DI-box :)

And yes, I have. It works okay, but atleast the Radial J48 has better high end response

I have done it in a pinch a few times, and ahj is definitely right - it gets a bit dull.

Cheers for the feedback guys, i'll be trying it once my new interface arrives. Have tried tracking the clean signal off my pod studio, man does that sound like ass.

It should be an improvement over the dinky line 6 thingy as long as you are passing it through to a separate interface/converter.

If you are just going to to go guitar>sansamp>pod studio interface then I doubt you'll see much improvement.

Yeah mate, just got a MOTU 828 mkII, so its guitar>sansamp>MOTU. Sounds alot cleaner.Very subtle difference instead of going straight into the interface (minus sansamp)