SANSAMP bass driver DI pedal thingy..

jesterroot4

Jul 5, 2007
Croydon (south london) UK
everyone seems to be using them, but i havent played with them and havnt been able to listen....

would it be possible for some one to post up some various clips of there sansamp with differant settings, so i can decide wether its worth investing in one?

purely for the fact that i have troubles with bass tone and want to experiment more with it

cheers!

I'm currently using a Bass Driver on a bass recording of my band.
The recording chain is : Bass => split 1 => Sansamp Bass Driver => API DI => EQ in DAW (filters cutting everything which is not between 350 and 2,2 khz, boost at 800 Hz)
=> split 2 => A-Designs REDDI (tube DI) => DAW (for the clean sound, and it sounds killer!!!!)

Will post some extracts if you want.

If you're searching for a good bass distorsion, the Sansamp is great for the metallic aressive distorsion. If you want more a growling sound (cf. In Flames) the best pedal I tried (and just bought one) is the MXR Bass DI. Something interesting is the Tech21 XXL bass distorsion too.
You will need some huge EQ to filter out the wrong frequencies and you have to find good EQ/presence settings matching your guitar sound and the general equilibrium.
If you don't have a splitter and use the Sansamp as you main bass device for the recording, you have to try to keep the low frequencies on it.

Of course It's worth getting one, more than worth. you will love it.

Your bassist will love it too.

I bought it for producing our EP. Afterwards, my bassist ended up buying it from me, to use it with his rig.

His sound was transformed. much clearer, more present but was taking less onto the guitars like it used to before.

The sound of the whole band was "upgraded", like when I bought a dual rectifier....