Satan and Grim Reaper: Sponsors needed

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
Well it looks like Satan and Grim Reaper have agreed to play and are willing. Yes, this means they are available to play the dates of the fest, basically all set...just need the money to help bring them over.

This is for serious sponsors. If you have like 30 bucks you want to toss in...toss it in the kickstarter instead. For people who don't realize how much it cost to bring over a band like this....usually it is over 5 grand. There were a couple big sponsors for Oz last year and a few other acts as well. I know a lot of you were posting that you really wanted to have Satan here next year. This is your big chance now. Ragnarokkr can grab them before MDF or someone else does.

for all serious sponsors...contact mike at.... info@ragnarokkrmetal.com or via facebook on the festival page.

why would you not be there next year....you should quit your job you don't have and support metal. Live on the streets. Man you kids have it easy.

Well 10.5 months from now who knows what i'll be doing for work. If i still dont have a big boy job then it'll be easy to get there. If i do have my big boy job it'll be hard to get there, especially being the new guy and that senior people will get days they want off first.

Im just waiting to see where im at next year.

Well 10.5 months from now who knows what i'll be doing for work. If i still dont have a big boy job then it'll be easy to get there. If i do have my big boy job it'll be hard to get there, especially being the new guy and that senior people will get days they want off first.

Im just waiting to see where im at next year.

Ignore Bob. He tends to think going to metal shows is the top priority compared to everything else.

Ignore Bob. He tends to think going to metal shows is the top priority compared to everything else.

no....out of everyone here it is the hardest for me since I actually WORK nights and for me to go to a show I have to take a vacation day...this is why I laugh at you guys who work part time, or work 9 to 5. You can still go at night. Me...it is the choice of losing a vacation day for a show that could blow.

no....out of everyone here it is the hardest for me since I actually WORK nights and for me to go to a show I have to take a vacation day...this is why I laugh at you guys who work part time, or work 9 to 5. You can still go at night. Me...it is the choice of losing a vacation day for a show that could blow.

Uuhh if i have my police officer job in a year from now, ill be in the same position as you Bob. New guys get night shift 99% of the time.

Coming to my fest SHOULD be a top priority. Don't make me bribe you with more free stuff. Anyway, getting back on topic, we're looking at more than 5K. Let's focus on SATAN. We'll see if they are more than just the buzz band of the month. I hooked GRIM up with a few booking agents. It won't be exclusive, but will be much cheaper for me.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Exercising

Other priorities such as trying to move out

Yeah of course if we're talking about available to go, sure I can make most shows, but I have other priorities in my life.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Exercising

Other priorities such as trying to move out

Yeah of course if we're talking about available to go, sure I can make most shows, but I have other priorities in my life.

I do to.....

1. work avarage 50 to 60 hours a week.
2. going to the movies.
3. looking in peoples windows at late night
4. reading to sick kids in the hospitial
5. taking care of my cats
6. not excecising
7. fightining online with people
8. reading
9. not blogging
10. cleaning

I do to.....

1. work avarage 50 to 60 hours a week.
2. going to the movies.
3. looking in peoples windows at late night
4. reading to sick kids in the hospitial
5. taking care of my cats
6. not excecising
7. fightining online with people
8. reading
9. not blogging
10. cleaning

Why am I even arguing with you? My point is different people have different priorities.

LOL Bob. You are so full of it.
Boo hoo you work nights.
You:
1) Live alone
2) Don't use your income to support anyone other than yourself
3) Make overtime $$$$
4) Have no kids
5) Have no GF

Bottom line every penny you have goes to one person, Bob (and cats)

You have the time and money to go to any and every show you want.

Most of us do not.

Sorry, but fact......

Not really going to get support of most here by trying to piss people off or feel guilty for not going to see some random show we don't care about,"just because"

Back on topic, anyone who thinks booking SATAN would be a better booking than GRIM REAPER is insane.........

Sure, SATAN is a hot topic because of the new album, but GR would certainly draw more attention from folks whom otherwise may not come.
I think OZ and TYRANTS REIGN proved that this year.

Sorry, but SATAN never have been a "household" name in metal.
Sure, they released a very important album in the history of NWOBHM, but you are still speaking to a VERY niche group of people who would come to see them.

Anyhow, that being said, I do think BOTH Satan and GR would be EXCELLENT choices, though if it came down to one OR the other, I would say GR would be the better choice.

LOL Bob. You are so full of it.
Boo hoo you work nights.
You:
1) Live alone
2) Don't use your income to support anyone other than yourself
3) Make overtime $$$$
4) Have no kids
5) Have no GF

Bottom line every penny you have goes to one person, Bob (and cats)

You have the time and money to go to any and every show you want.

Most of us do not.

Sorry, but fact......

Not really going to get support of most here by trying to piss people off or feel guilty for not going to see some random show we don't care about,"just because"

1. it was your choice to have kids / get married.
2. your choice to chose to live in a high end area where there is a gate to keep out ethnic groups in your neighboorhood.
3. if was your choice to sell out to the man.
4. every penny could be for you...make your old lady get a job to cover "her" kids.

Back on topic, anyone who thinks booking SATAN would be a better booking than GRIM REAPER is insane.........

Sure, SATAN is a hot topic because of the new album, but GR would certainly draw more attention from folks whom otherwise may not come.

Sure, they released a very important album in the history of NWOBHM, but you are still speaking to a VERY niche group of people who would come to see them.

Anyhow, that being said, I do think BOTH Satan and GR would be EXCELLENT choices, though if it came down to one OR the other, I would say GR would be the better choice.

I agree....I have had this talk with mike a dozen times about them being a flavor of the month because the new album but in the end will it be a draw?

I concur as well. I like both bands, but I think anyone would be crazy saying Satan is a bigger draw. No, I wasn't around when they first hit, but they were one of the first metal bands I got into actually aside from Sabbath. Most people who would even think of going to this fest have heard of them at the very least. Satan not so much. Could Satan draw? They might, but they're not a guarantee. Grim Reaper is a band I'm sure would have people stick around for.

I dunno, GR would certainly have more widespread appeal but Satan would have a very focused, dedicated fan base so I would expect Satan going over really fucking well, especially with the new album buzz and if it were marketed as a big exclusive thing. This is thinking of a venue the size of Reggies, of course. Grim Reaper would of course be a blast so I hope both would work out. I don't get the comparison with Tyrant's Reign and OZ you're making at all, I consider myself pretty well-versed in my shit and I'd barely heard of either band before the fest booked 'em. I've seen lots of discussion about Satan on the metal-archives board for example before their new album was even announced.

YOu have seen a lot of talk of SATAN because they have a new album.
Same reason a couple years back HELL was the band that everyone wanted for fests.
Not a knock to SATAN at all.

The point of Tyrants Reign and OZ was that both bands definitely brought new old school type of fans to the fest.
This is what I think Grim Reaper would do, and would result in more people than Satan.

Just my opinion, and as I said, both bands would be great additions.

Odin - My comments were 100% relating to $$$$$$. My point was that if $$$ is a factor and one could be secured, IMHO that should go to GR.