Satanism

only for the music, obviously!

anyway, generally speaking, all the satanist thing (lyrics/attitude) some bands use is not to be taken seriously at all:rolleyes:; in most cases, they don't even believe in satan nor think he's literally real, he's rather used as an allegory, i.e. refusal to be submitted to the rules set out by an 'authority' figure (for instance, the christian god) etc...

My favourite trait of Immortal's lyrics is the creation of an endless supply of new compound words, ie. ravenrealm, ravengate, raventhrone, ravendark, battlesky, masterfields, heathenhearts. It goes on and on.

The Poona of Peshwa said:
My favourite trait of Immortal's lyrics is the creation of an endless supply of new compound words, ie. ravenrealm, ravengate, raventhrone, ravendark, battlesky, masterfields, heathenhearts. It goes on and on.

True so I dunno where Paradoxile's suggestion about satanism comes from :rolleyes:
Only the first album was semi satanic maybe.

Yeah Brave Murder Day was better than DAnce of December Souls not just musically but image wise..More Romanticised Doom, lyrics veiled. Better when they moved from the satanism

I like their image and the music but it all conicides with who they are as a band and the music they produce.

Discouraged ones on... is just all the better in reguards to image of the band, The whole cold, goth melanchlic thing sweet as.
I felt they were in danger of straying a bit with 'Viva', in terms of lyrics and image (as briliant as most of the lyrics are on Viva), but they are better less vulgar and less going on heaps about crime. The Great Cold Distance is a better image, it's harder to decern, it really is cold and distant.