Saturday Night

1. Rob Rock - Glorious!! I'm going to have to check out some Narnia now too based on the excellent guitar work that was done. What a bunch of talented, energetic musicians.

2. Mustasch - I knew it would be high-energy, and it was. Wow..hard not to put them first, but I liked Rob's set a little better.

3. Saint Deamon - The most pleasant surprise of the show for me. Crunchy, Crunchy, Crunchy goodness!!

4. Iced Earth - If they had been an all instrumental band I would have loved it. :) A full set of all instrumental thrashy songs like Stormrider would have been wicked (and the guitar would have fried faster).

5. Spheric Universe Experience - I just don't get it. I have heard one of their CDs and it sounded okay produced...but live they just didn't do anything for me. Plus, on CD I don't have to see their creepy lead singer groping the guitarist. He was disturbing. :)

6. JOP - I thought it was quite wretched. Not my cup of tea at all. Sorry.

Iced Earth - Just put it this way, I was gone after 5 songs. That was enough. They let ripper go for Barlow. We all know it's for record sales reasons and personal greed, but that's fine. There is a reason that Schafer goes through band members like Yngwie. The musicianship was decent, but the vocals were unbearable and it was time to depart. That is all, thank you drive thru : )

You might as well vote David Letterman for president this year because the percentage of people who agree with you is about the same...:lol:

:kickass:
I really enjoyed St. Deamon and Rob Rock…but JOP for me was not only the highlight of Saturday night, but the highlight of the festival! Sure, part of it is the Savatage nostalgia factor, but I still love watching Jon work his magic on keyboards and vocals. :worship:notworthy:worship:

I only wish there would have been time for a longer set, as there was some discussion earlier this year about doing “Chance” in its entirety, which would have been fabulous – especially with Zak in the house!

Rob Rock and JOP was the highlight for me most definitely!!! :worship:

In fact, so much so, that for the first time in eight years, I actually went home and went to bed after JOP, before PP was even over. :rolleyes: How lame is that! I have never ever done that before, but have never been so tired at a PP before in my life!!!! The music this year just didn't keep me rocking like usual. I guess I'm entitled to have at least one lame PP out of the eight that I've been going.....:)

Now, next year I'll be ready to rock!!!! :headbang::kickass: Holy shit! What a lineup!!! Am already excited for next year!!!! :headbang::kickass::headbang::kickass:

1. Mustasch - Glad I was fimiliar with their music. New all the songs excepts Parasite off the EP
2. Rob Rock
3. Saint Deamon
4. Iced Earth - very dissappointed, but I caught like 5 tunes, then left the show
5. S.U.E. - probably would've ranked higher than Iced Earth, but I only caught a couple of their songs, so it was hard to put them above

Saturday night was major league solid. All the bands kicked ass in their own individual way. As such, it is very hard to rank them so this is more of a personal preference ranking than anything...

1 Spheric Universe Experience - Amazing musicianship, killer vocalist, new drummer learned the songs in 1 month, blew me out.
2 Iced Earth - Barlow just kicked my ass, and I read that he wasn't even at 100%. Previously not much of a fan, but this appearance changed me and I listened to them all the way home.
3 Rob Rock - I knew Rob would be great, but wanted so much more from the band overall. Could easily have been number 2 had they been more animated.
4 Saint Daemon - Great vocals, no pre-recorded BS. These guys could be the next Pagan's Mind.
5 Mustach - Easily the surprise of the fest for me. Came in a song or too late, didn't expect much, sat up top for most of it but thoroughly enjoyed it once I got their vibe.
6 Jon Oliva's Pain - I know, I know...this is as close to Savatage as we're going to get. But, too many mid tempo sleepers for me.

Mustasch did an awesome job. I was really wanting to see them and they blew me away. It was hard for me to enjoy Jon Oliva's Pain because I was still so thoroughly rocked. But every band on Saturday was awesome and it will be hard to top that.

I loved both nights but Saturday was my favorite.

Iced Earth
Rob Rock
Jon Oliva's Pain
Mustach
Saint Deamon
Spheric Universe Experience