SATURNUS -- new album title & cover artwork revealed

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
i dunno what to expect, but here it is:

mabberblouth said:
Danish doomsters SATURNUS have set "Veronica Decides to Die" as the title of their third full-length album, tentatively due this spring via Finland's Firebox Records. The follow-up to 2000's "Martyre" was once again recorded at Sweet Silence Studios in Denmark with producer Flemming Rasmussen (METALLICA, ARTILLERY) and features a guest appearance on one track by MERCYFUL FATE guitar legend Michael Denner.

saturnus_travis_small.jpg

(by travis smith)

i bet it won't really be the same without mr. kim larsen but because i REALLY like the first two saturnus discs (haven't heard martyre i'm afraid) i'm not going to judge it without listening to it (as i usually do)

Erik said:
bump for snow2fall presence on forum
:tickled:

I'm definitely going to check this out. Paradise Belongs To You and For The Loveless Lonely Nights are among my favourite records, so no way I'm gonna miss out on this one. I like Martyre a lot too, nothing can compete with songs like "Christ Goodbye", "The Fall Of Nakkiel" or "For Your Demons" though.

Don't really like the cover. I guess I'm overdosed on Travis Smith.

Friend and me chuckled at work today when we read the album title. Veronica must be the most annoying colleague ever, oh how we wish she decided to die...

I'll check this out, probably. I didn't care much for "Martyre", but there's always a chance that this might rule...

And by the way, erik; I peeked at your last.fm account, and I see that you've listened to some live Dark Tranquillity where they played "My Faeryland Forgotten". Where did you find this show? Perhaps an upload? I would greatly appreciate it! All my concert recordings were deleted when my harddrive collapsed some months ago...

Crimson Velvet said:
I'll check this out, probably. I didn't care much for "Martyre", but there's always a chance that this might rule...

And by the way, erik; I peeked at your last.fm account, and I see that you've listened to some live Dark Tranquillity where they played "My Faeryland Forgotten". Where did you find this show? Perhaps an upload? I would greatly appreciate it! All my concert recordings were deleted when my harddrive collapsed some months ago...
it's actually a 1992 rehearsal. i'll send it.

Sounds like (from the samples I've heard) that he's kind of integrated the folk sound with the ambient (or whatever you want to call it) parts, and the songs sounded good, but I don't know if they're as memorable as the one's off the old albums.

Demilich said:
Sounds like (from the samples I've heard) that he's kind of integrated the folk sound with the ambient (or whatever you want to call it) parts, and the songs sounded good, but I don't know if they're as memorable as the one's off the old albums.

I need to hear some of the older albums, but there is certainly an appropriate contrast between ambient and folk on Sonnenheim.

Get the vinyl boxset! It rules! (if you can find it - cost me a goddamn fortune)

And get the Midnight Will 10'' or now it's out on cd. Good shit.

Demilich said:
Get the vinyl boxset! It rules! (if you can find it - cost me a goddamn fortune)

And get the Midnight Will 10'' or now it's out on cd. Good shit.

Shit! Boxset?? Looks like I might have to make a purchase.

Check your PMs! Sorry for the delay.