SATURNUS CONFIRMED FOR CHICAGO POWERFEST 2007

man get My Dying Bride and Candlemass as headliners and this will be the show to doom about...I am already going too........

I have been on Rob like flies on poop about Candlemass.
Robert Lowe will be here already.
Lowe is performing with Candlemass in Sweden at the end of March, so I assume he would be ready enough to do even a small set.

That would draw like crazy!

I know, unfortunately Sean the problems are two-fold....one, when we don't have much in the way of funds to spend on a U.S. tour, we have to stay within a reasonable distance of our home base. It's alot easier for us to go to places like Detroit, Cleveland, Philly, etc., than for us to travel to Arizona, California, and so on.
Secondly, we go where the offers for gigs are. We get offered good gigs from the East Coast, for whatever reason, and we get offered almost nothing from the West Coast. We've inquired for years and years about trying to play out there, and other than a couple of near misses, we've come up empty handed. Perhaps it's because there's such a large amount of available bands out there already, I dunno, but noone wants to really bother with booking a tour like ours out west and making it worthwhile for us to do it. Believe me, when an offer finally comes around that is lucrative and makes sense for us, we'll be out west playing for sure.

Closest we've played was back in 2000, when we played a Metalfest in NJ that was just a stone's throw away from Philly. Other than that, we've played NYC and Washington D.C., but not Philly. Again, we go where the offers are, and where someone is willing to book us for a decent gig. So far, nothing from Philly has ever come up for us :mad:

Yeah we did that fest too, forgot about that. How close is Asbury Park to Philly anyhow?

The show I referred to earlier was March Metal Meltdown 2000. I don't remember the name of the town in NJ. One of the last shows we did in support of "Of Sculptured Ivy...", I think the headliners were Testament that year.