SATURNUS CONFIRMED FOR CHICAGO POWERFEST 2007

Yea Rob, you have a fascination with the male anatomy from the waste down..

(IE - Keep your pants on, keep yer ballz crossed, etc)

:lol:

BTW - Are you listening to this album now?
mano.jpg

Who is this Elvenking you guys keep blabbering on about? Is it some new Ronnie James Dio project? :loco:

Edit: And why do I keep getting logged out! arrrrrrrghhhhhhh

I understand what is meant by the "power" in powerfest (even clearer now, thanks to Zod's direction), and I'm all for diversity in the styles of bands on the bill. But with so many festivals out there using the sub-genre they showcase as part if the festival name, I was just trying to say that the name can be a little misleading to someone who is not as familiar with the festival.

This is true, but this isn't Chris and Rob's fault. What needs to be understood is that Chicago Powerfest has been around since before it was the norm to stick the subgenre in the fest name (a la ProgPower, Maryland Deathfest, ProgDay, etc.). CRJ shouldn't have to change the fest name just to keep up with current trends (I know this isn't what you're suggesting they should do, but I'm sure there are people out there who DO think so). By comparison, the Powermad festival (1997-2001) was never mistaken for a power metal fest -- it was underground prog metal, power metal, traditional metal, and prog rock -- but if it was still around today, I guarantee people would be complaining about how much "prog" is on the bill, for a "power" metal fest.

Who is this Elvenking you guys keep blabbering on about? Is it some new Ronnie James Dio project? :loco:

Edit: And why do I keep getting logged out! arrrrrrrghhhhhhh

Elvenking are "THE" best power/folk band in the world right now. They blend both genre's with total class where each isnt being out weighed. Very catchy upbeat stuff. Worth checking out.

From the urban dictionary:

Q4T 22 up, 3 down

Derived from 'QFT,' which is an abbreviation of the phrase 'Quoted For Truth.' Commonly used on message boards to emphasize a point previously made, when the person quoting the point has nothing more to add.

...as well as Avidost to open, who were more of a proggy goth type band (from what I remember).

I remember that weekend Rob.....and I'm not surprised that you didn't...hehehe
There was a lot of this:kickass: going on....along with a ton of this:headbang:
But there was way more of this:kickass: than this:headbang:
I think we were all a little "out there" by the time the after party started :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I still say you are the rock star!! Even when you DO look a little "green around the gills" the next day :loco:

It could also mean Quite Fucking True so I guess it's open to interpretation. Perhaps one of these bright-boy geniuses can post a link to a Glossary of Internet Acronyms, and if one doesn't exist then they should make one! ;)

From the urban dictionary:

Q4T 22 up, 3 down

Derived from 'QFT,' which is an abbreviation of the phrase 'Quoted For Truth.' Commonly used on message boards to emphasize a point previously made, when the person quoting the point has nothing more to add.
or
QFT / Q4T
Quoted For Truth.
Generally used on Internet forum after quoting someone to make sure
they cannot go back and change what they've already posted -

I personally thought last years fest was great. The line up was awesome, I drove 8 hours to be there. Another "cheesy" Euro band to get would be InnerWish. Perzonal War would also be a great addition.

Andy