Satyricon, Emperor, Enslaved, Fleurety, Taake,...

those are some VERY good songs, at times it sounds a lot like Agalloch as well..at about 3:30 in Track II with the acoustic over the heavy guitars.
The acoustic passages are quite beautiful as well, pretty simple, but well done.

track I does sound very much like Emperor but that isn't really a bad thing besides it being very obvious..cool break in there though...and awsome slow groove towards the end...

good stuff, I would look forward to more by you anyway.

Hey man i got a question, i myself have a bunch of songs written but i have no idea how to go about actaully recording them all myself without a band, any advice you, or anyone on this board can give would be much appreciated.

Oh and by the way, the gorath songs are awesome man, keep up the good work.

Yeah Gorath is some OK metal (i especially like The Lizard Creature)
btw, congratz with your place on the deathmetal.be compilation cd, i just ordered it a couple of days ago :D

ow yeah , i've heard the new Quiescent song (demo), it fucking rockz!
amazing that you can get that kind of sound in a homestudio...

keep up the good work

Thanx guys! Feel free to check PROJECT 407 too. It are the newest recordings we did. Although it was much harder to do that one, because of the clean vocals. They are more difficult to mix than grunts and screams.

@ Emperor guy: just try the Cakewalk software. It's not that easy the first time you use it. But I guess it's always like that!

Project 407 sounds like "StudioBrussel"(Belgian radiostation) material (it sounds good btw)
maybe you should enter "de demopoll" when "Radar" starts again in september...

Cyanide said:
Project 407 sounds like "StudioBrussel"(Belgian radiostation) material (it sounds good btw)
maybe you should enter "de demopoll" when "Radar" starts again in september...

Yes, that's not a bad idea at all. P407 consists of two guys and I'm stuck into the deadth metal scene for 10 years already. We're both searching for new ways/zines/radios/... to promote P407. All tips are wHELLcome. Thx.

the_dying said:
We offered our interest to do it. Feel free to visit the www.deathmetal.be forum to keep informed of the latest gossip of the Belgian death metal scene.

Both Gorath and The Quiescent will contribute on another Belgian compilation CD this summer.

yeah i'm registered at the dm forum but i don't check it that often...
as for that other compilation cd, is it from lugburz? (wild guess though)

:: NEW SITE ::

bannergorath.gif

:: GORATH UPGRADED A CLASSIC BLACK METAL SONG TO 2003 ::

http://users.pandora.be/fiep/varia/Gorath_Track_IV.mp3