satyricon off morbid angel tour for now! so lame

Jaded

There was nothing...
Jul 26, 2003
New York, NY
www.smnnews.com
http://www.smnnews.com/index.php?subaction=showcomments&id=1080478755&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

Satyricon Off Morbid Angel Tour Indefinately! by slasher
An article has emerged on a Norweigan news site concerning SATYRICON not being able to participate in the much-anticipated forthcoming North American tour with MORBID ANGEL and SUFFOCATION. The article can be found at http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=221109

I have asked my Norweigan friend to paraphrase some of the more important things in the article, and this is what I gathered:

"SATYRICON's drummer, Kjetil "Frost" Haraldstad, is not being allowed into the country because of VISA problems and a criminal past(punching a guy in the face 10 years ago). Three years ago when traveling from Colombia to Norway, he had to change plans in America. When stopping in America, he was asked to fill out a form, with the subsequent question on it: "Have you ever been accused of an act of moral turpitude?" He answered no to the questioning, thinking it had to do with participation in activities of genocide, nazism and terrorism. (ed note: I don't blame him, what a fuckin' vague question).

They confronted him with this, and this is why they won't let him back into the country. The US embassy of the Department of Homeland Security in Denmark, which deals with their Scandnivanian territories, is the base of his banishment. Frost and SATYRICON must convince the authorities that they're "worthy" of a sanction. This includes using all of their resources and contacts with labels and other management to prove it.

The article also goes on to state that SATYRICON's US record label, EatUrMusic, has spent $50,000 to send the band on this tour. The label also plans(nned) to ship 20,000 units of the band's new album, "Volcano", to record stores around the country, while also launching a big campaign.

The label also confirmed the band to be guests on both MTV 2's Headbanger's Ball and FUSE's Uranium, while debuting the bands video for "Fuel For Hatred".

noooo, god damnit. fuck the US. first they kicked marduk out in 2001, now this shit.

Erik said:
Boo fucking hoo, poor poor Satyr is sad because his new money-making plan was foiled! TOUGH FUCKING SHIT, here's your pacifier.

yeah, but even with the probably 4-5 volcano set list theyd play, id like to see mother north and hvite krists dod live..esp since theres 0 black metal in the US