Satyricon thread

NvmbrsDoom5

Jul 24, 2002
Chicago
www.novembersdoom.com
Hey guys, my apologies to Paul, Zod, and everyone else who posted in the Satyricon thread, but it was getting a bit out of hand and heading into that territory that only causes heated arguements and all the bullshit that we try so hard to avoid here. It's tempting for us to get dragged into it ourselves, and rather than cause any negative feelings or impressions between any of us and any of you guys, over something that has nothing to do with Novembers Doom or our music, I felt it best to take the initiative and deleted the whole damned thing. It'd gone so far off topic from what was initially supposed to be a funny, silly thread anyhow.

Peace.

Larry

Hey guys, my apologies to Paul, Zod, and everyone else who posted in the Satyricon thread... I felt it best to take the initiative and deleted the whole damned thing.
Help... help... I'm being oppressed. :loco:

Did the thread take a turn? Granted it was wildly off-topic from the word go, but I didn't realize it was getting heated. Either way, no biggie.

Zod

From now on I will not interfere with any of the threads posted on here, regardless of what "turn" they take, as things become even more tricky and people wind up getting angry or confused by it. I will let Paul or the ND Moderator control all of that stuff from now on, I'm through with this.

Peace out everyone.

From now on I will not interfere with any of the threads posted on here, regardless of what "turn" they take, as things become even more tricky and people wind up getting angry or confused by it. I will let Paul or the ND Moderator control all of that stuff from now on, I'm through with this.

Peace out everyone.
Larry... just in case it wasn't clear, I was only joking. I had no attachment to that thread and if you felt it jumped the shark... that's fine with me.

Zod

Not sure what the above is about...

...but Aesop and I talked to Satyr for a little awhile at the Tomahawk fest. Really nice, down to earth guy actually. I was pleasantly surprised. Agalloch's and Satyricon's dressing rooms were next door to each other so we were able to see a lot of action from their camp. At one point, I was in a triangle of "kvltness" talking to Satyr, Anders from Cadaver, and the former vocalist of Nagelfar (the German one). Fuck!

We also hung out a lot with Martin Van Drunen (once again, Hail Of Bullets and Agalloch were dressing room neighbors) at the Fest in Austria which was surreal. Have you heard Hail Of Bullets?? Like a perfect stylistic blend of "Consuming Impulse" and "The Rack" with those killer vocals...

JH

Not sure what the above is about...

...but Aesop and I talked to Satyr for a little awhile at the Tomahawk fest. Really nice, down to earth guy actually. I was pleasantly surprised. Agalloch's and Satyricon's dressing rooms were next door to each other so we were able to see a lot of action from their camp. At one point, I was in a triangle of "kvltness" talking to Satyr, Anders from Cadaver, and the former vocalist of Nagelfar (the German one). Fuck!

We also hung out a lot with Martin Van Drunen (once again, Hail Of Bullets and Agalloch were dressing room neighbors) at the Fest in Austria which was surreal. Have you heard Hail Of Bullets?? Like a perfect stylistic blend of "Consuming Impulse" and "The Rack" with those killer vocals...

JH

The thread was killed for reasons that had nothing to do with Satyricon and the original thread. It went WAY off topic to touchy areas.

Have we heard of Hail of Bullets... HA. Welcome to 2006 John. :lol:

Anyone here heard the news of Halford leaving Judas Priest? Word has it they are going to carry on with an unknown guy from Ohio called Tim Owens, who fronts a Priest cover band. Could be good. Time will tell.

The thread was killed for reasons that had nothing to do with Satyricon and the original thread. It went WAY off topic to touchy areas.

Have we heard of Hail of Bullets... HA. Welcome to 2006 John. :lol:

Heh...well I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to death metal...like 16-17 years out of the loop.

Anyway, they brought back that great late 80's/early 90's DM feeling. Quite cool to see live.

JH

I liked Of Frost and War too. We were actually in the same studio recording when they were. We talked with Warby for a while, and I spoke with Van Drunen for a couple of minutes, and you're right John, really down to earth guy :)

Hail Of Bullets are fucking incredible. I could go on but I think that pretty much sums it up :)

And damn you guys are a bunch of smart-asses!!! LOL

And yeah just who is this fucking Vito guy anyhow?? lmfao ;-)