Satyricon's US recording deal

Phrozenspite

Inhuman nihilist
Jun 27, 2003
NH, a cultural wasteland
Visit site
SATYRICON Ink U.S. Deal With SYSTEM OF A DOWN Guitarist's Label - Aug. 21, 2003

SYSTEM OF A DOWN's Daron Malakian has signed Norwegian black metal trio SATYRICON to his EatUrMusic imprint and has a finished album ("Volcano") he hopes to release later this year, according to MTV.com. "They're one of the bands in the scene who are keeping the torch lit, and I respect what they do," Malakian said recently. "And the album I'm going to put out is really powerful. It's more accessible than the last SATYRICON stuff. It's got a lot of just regular, traditional metal-type things going on."

Jaded said:
These guys better not go the way of Cradle.

nah cradle of filth will be underground shit compared to when that soad fag has finished with them,
they will end up like avril laveen or sumthing shit

You people bitch too much. Oh no, Satyricon is going to become more accessible to the general public! It's the end of the world!

Why does it matter who is releasing the album? It's just a small logo on the back of the cd inlay. I highly doubt Daron's label licensing Volcano is going to make any difference in Satyr's decisions as to what he records.

Yes, it sounds scary. But hell, it's Satyricon. How in the fuck will a band like Satyricon ever be marketable to the Hot Topic crew? Unless some DRASTIC changes are made in their music, attitudes, and definitely in IMAGE. I don't think they'd go as far as to piss off the true down to earth metal fans that love them so much and make a disgrace out of themselves..the band that released Nemesis Divina...Personally, I don't feel there is a whole lot to worry about. I'd like to be able to find Volcano in stores around my area. it's a bitch ordering things around here as it is....we'll see what happens. But I'd bet a whole that it's completely harmless.

Soilent Goat said:
Yes, it sounds scary. But hell, it's Satyricon. How in the fuck will a band like Satyricon ever be marketable to the Hot Topic crew? Unless some DRASTIC changes are made in their music, attitudes, and definitely in IMAGE. I don't think they'd go as far as to piss off the true down to earth metal fans that love them so much and make a disgrace out of themselves.

Have you heard 'Volcano?'