Savatage Fans!

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
I have an opportunity to get an interview with Chris Caffery via phone.
I need your help! I must come up with no less that 12 solid questions for the man. I have about 3, but I need this to be a team effort. I will post the review here, as you're the only ones that appreciate Savatage!
Please posts your questions here & I will then add them to the exisiting ones that I already have...
No joke, you will get credit for the submissions.
here's how I'd like to to submit your questions, your user ID then the question. Look at the example below.

SIXXSWINE:
"Could you tell us how you hooked up with Savatage?"

Get it?! No post 'em here!
SIXXSWINE \m/

Shit!! I don't know!! Damn cool that you have the opportunity.
Maybe his take on Jons Pain album, or what Chris listen to nowadays,his inspiration to go on? Why did he play on Metalliums first album? Not quite his style...

And you must tell him that HE IS the fenderbender in Savatage! RIP Criss...

I was a professional reporter for a few years (NASCAR, not Metal), so I have some experience in interviewing. One thing I liked to do was ask "yes or no" and "a or b" type questions. If they are a good interview, they will talk about both sides of the issue (or expand on one side of it) and you can move on to the next question knowing you got some great quotes. If they are a shitty interviewee and just give you a blunt, single word or sentence answer, then you have an "a and b" back up question.

For example,

Trans-Siberian Outcast writes:
How do you view your participation in TSO East? Obligation or Opportunity?

If he blunt answers OBLIGATION, you might ask him why, but I don't know how honest he'll be...(still gotta be somewhat PC when you're talking about a major part of your yearly income). With the OBLIGATION answer I'd probably drop the subject and move on unless I wanted something REALLY juicy and risk pissing him off.

If he blunt answers OPPORTUNITY, you ask him the follow-up question:

Your guitar volume and tone is already pre-set when you walk onto the TSO stage, very little improvising, if any. Is this frustrating in any way? Or does the HOLIDAY atmosphere of the band and the audience make up for that?

(Here you are not only giving him the opportunity to tout how great it is to play in TSO, but also give him the freedom to mention anything he finds frustrating bout playing within such confines)

Here's another single option question that might be interesting:

Trans-Siberian Outcast writes:
You've known Jon Oliva for a long time. How would you best describe the CHANGES in Jon over the past two decades, both personally and musically. Keyword here is "changes".

I'd really like to offer some more questions regarding his new solo cd. Unfortunately, and ashamedly, I don't have it yet. Therefore, I am mute.

TSO-I interview people for a living. Not famous people, but I don't ever ask closed ended questions, one word doesn't get me the answers. I go for open ended questions. EX. "Was the making of your record a positive experinece?" (yes/no?)
I'd go with this instead: "What was it like recording a solo record,as opposed to a band project?"
Thanks to the folks that have participated so far.
SIXXSWINE \m/

Carnut asks ;

Savatage is one of the major "cult" bands from the metal history, does that ghost (feel free to correct "ghost" if that isn't an English way of saying) your mind when writing new stuff ? You allways must have that "cult" pressure on you when writing and playing...