Savatage "Sirens" Remaster

predeterminator

Metal Veteran
Jan 12, 2002
S.F. bay area
Visit site
Just bought the Sirens reissue...rocks pretty hard, excellent remaster. Never really got into Savatage as I was listening to all the other bay area bands at the time. I also don't think they toured a lot out my way....to much competition at the time I would think (83, 84). I do have to admit I like this. How do you feel about Savatage, and what other Savatage CD's would you recommend? They issued another remaster at the same time "Dungeons Are Calling". Is it as good as Sirens? They recorded it during the same sessions as Sirens so I am assuming it will be just like Sirens.

If you want classic metal albums, go and get copies of Hall of the Mountain King and Gutter Ballet by Savatage. These to me are the best two Savatage albums.

Dungeons are Calling is definatly worth getting as well though.

Well you you dont wanna miss Dead Winter Dead and Wake of Magellan either; and I also highly recommend Edge of Thorns and Handful of Rain.
they are a little different from early Sava but even better. Oh of course Mountain King is a classic too :)

Absolutely, go with Dungeon and then get Power of the night. It's better to start with their early albums to get a good picture of the band and their progression.

"The Dungeons Are Calling" is comparable to Sirens. I would suggest "Hall of the Mountain King next" - it was a real step up from their previous efforts. Next would be "Streets" - again, it showcases the growth of the band. "Streets" might be a hard first listen, but it is well worth getting into. "Poets and Madmen" is also pretty good if you like the aforemention albums.

I like "The Dungeons are calling" "Sirens" and "Power Of The Night" the best. "HOMK" is good so is "Gutter Ballet". Of the later albums I like "Handfull of rain" the best.

I don't like the opera's! So if you like the raw sound of "Sirens" Go for "The dungeons are calling"

When it comes to Sava I love every album Each one Is a masterpeice in its own way Though I particulary love Edge Of Thorns Some of my fav. CRISS Oliva Solos are on that albumWhat can I say R.I.P. Criss Still Miss That Guy

Al Pitterlli Jon oliva Jonny lee Jeff plate chris caffery are all on the christmas albums.....The christmas albums are great....though I prefere Betovens last night when it comes to TSO albums Jon And Zakk Both sing on that one!!!