Saw B.L.S. last night in Covington, Ky...

ZANEX

Alone Within My Lunacy
Sep 4, 2001
PARIS/WINCHESTER,KENTUCKY U.S.A.
Visit site
I got to see Black Label Society and Black Stone Cherry last night. Show was great but Security guards where assholes. Apparently the Madison Theater in Covington, KY only holds 1,677 people and one security guy told me that 1,700 tickets were sold. It was very crowded, but the "fire marshall" was there and the venue got fined. I was up in the balcony and security didn't wan't people standing in their seats. After awhile, I guess security got tired of getting cussed out and finally let people stand in their seats in oder to see over the crowd in the "standing area" of the balcony. The set-list was as follows:

New Religion
Forever Down
Been A Long time
Beginning At Last
Suffering Overdue
Iron Man intro
Funeral Bell
Bleed For Me
Suicide Messiah
(the next 3 were done with Zakk playing piano)
Spoke in the Wheel
In This River
Last Goodbye
Fire It Up
Zakk solo
Black Mass Reverends
Concrete jungle
Stillborn.

It was a very good show. Black Stone Cherry were impressive live.

Zane

I don't mean to be rude but, BLS is pretty bad and surely doesn't warrant a posted setlist in the NEVERMORE forum. Go post that crap in the ICP/Korn room or something.

"Zakk plays Piano"??? I'd rather commit suicide with a toaster oven than sit thru that!

Reactions: XtremeParanoia
I don't mean to be rude but, BLS is pretty bad and surely doesn't warrant a posted setlist in the NEVERMORE forum. Go post that crap in the ICP/Korn room or something.

"Zakk plays Piano"??? I'd rather commit suicide with a toaster oven than sit thru that!

and thats why you're a fucking idiot. Zakk's piano material is incredible

O.K. If you don't like BLS, thats alright. But to compare them with Korn or ICP???? Come on dude. And as far as Zakk playing piano, the man is a great musician/songwriter. Hell, he didn't get to be Ozzy's guitarist for nothing. I tell you what "NeonBlack69". When you can play multi-instruments, write good songs, sell albums, sellout arenas, and play guitar as good or better than Zakk, then get in touch. Otherwise, SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!

Zane

Wow, I'm pretty surprised to see BLS fans on the Nevermore forum. Cool. I'd planned on seeing them in March, but their UK tour's been cancelled for vague reasons.

Annoyingly enough, I've found Book Of Shadows quite hard to come by at a reasonable price.

What a pleasing site. Thank you for that. Still, I kinda gave up on a couple of his albums a while ago, as they're fairly low down on my 'to buy' list.

The newest record is pretty poor, but I really enjoyed Blessed Hellride and Mafia, and most of the stuff prior to that.

The live show back in 05 was one of the best I've ever been to. The showmanship and entertainment value was brilliant.

Heard a couple from their new record, and I wasn't too impressed. I've read that it's more ballad-filled than usual. There's always the 'European Invasion' (double?) dvd to check out anyway. And, as you say, their back catalogue is enjoyable enough (even if I haven't heard The Blessed Hellride yet:p ).

Also, they sound like an appealing live prospect.

fucking <3 Sonic Brew and Alcohol Fueled Brewtality... Book of Shadows is my favorite Zakk cd, though

Will, I'm surprised you really like "Book Of Shadows" as its more mellower. Don't get me wrong, I also like this recording. Great songwriting/musicianship. If you like "Book Of Shadows" try "Hangover Music Vol. VI"

As for the new one "Shot To Hell", its hit and miss. There are some very heavy songs, mid tempo, and 3 ballads. I don't think its as good as the other releases, but still a decent record. Personally, my favorites are Pride & Glory, 1919 Eternal, Sonic Brew, and The Blessed Hellride.

Pff, not one song from Stronger Than Death. When I saw them on the Mafia tour, they opened with Stoned And Drunk :headbang:

Will, I'm surprised you really like "Book Of Shadows" as its more mellower. Don't get me wrong, I also like this recording. Great songwriting/musicianship. If you like "Book Of Shadows" try "Hangover Music Vol. VI".

Awesome, I'll give it a shot. I love Zakk's piano and acoustic work... alot more than the heavier stuff

They got me into metal, I still say 1919 Eternal is the best traditional heavy metal album every made "flame on". Mafia and Shot To Hell were piss poor though.