saw II

Most horror movies now suck because they are just crappy remakes of good horror flicks from the 70s and 80s. The originals of The Fog, When A Stranger Calls, Texas Chainsaw, Dawn Of The Dead and The Hills Have Eyes were all great. Movie studios need to learn that you don't need to fix what isn't broken.

warparty666 said:
Most horror movies now suck because they are just crappy remakes of good horror flicks from the 70s and 80s. The originals of The Fog, When A Stranger Calls, Texas Chainsaw, Dawn Of The Dead and The Hills Have Eyes were all great. Movie studios need to learn that you don't need to fix what isn't broken.

Let's not forget the fuckin terrible remake of The Amityville Horror. :yuk: :yuk:

I wouldn't call the original When a Stranger Calls great, but it did earn a Simpsons reference.
But, yes, Hollywood has become a fucking remake factory, eating/regurgitating/eating its own entrails. I don't give a flying fuck about most new movies coming out of there. I'm going back to the 70s.

And fans are buying into it. Every fucking board on IMDB some doofus says, "What about a remake of ....?" Fuck off. Why in God's name would you want to see a remake of Ghostbusters? The Thing? Anything for that fucking matter. Mention remaking The French Connection and Hell hath no fury... End rant.

However, I will eat these words and see Michael Mann's Miami Vice.

warparty666 said:

a-FUCKING-men!

Thrillho said:
Miami Vice is different. That's something everyone needs to see, hahaha
And it's Michael Mann. If he suddenly wanted to adapt Jane Austen, I'd be there.

Farell and Foxx as Crocket and Tubbs? :puke:

I hate remakes, they just annoy the crap out of me.

I think the only remake I would actually watch is if they did Ishtar.

They originals are fine (except The Fog, I was more scared listening to Bill Cosby's "The Chicken Heart"), but the remakes are better than the new crap coming out now. IMO more movies this last year, in general, sucked more than they were worth paying to go see. I can't believe how many people liked "Crash", but hey to each their own.

Since were on movies here, what recent movies where good or shit ?

GOOD:
Duece Bigalow:European Gigalo :headbang:
Fantastic Four :headbang:
Date Movie :headbang:

SHIT:
The Amityville Horror :yuk:
Star Wars Episode 3 :yuk:
House Of Wax :yuk:

On a side note, I just watched Dee Snider's Strangeland of The Movie Channel. :)yuk: :yuk: :yuk: )

New Line Cinema is currently working on a Texas Chainsaw Massacare prequel (as if the remake wasn't bad enough) and a remake of the original Friday the 13th. :yell: When will they learn, don't mess with the classics.

Anthrax_Mosher said:
Since were on movies here, what recent movies where good or shit ?
GOOD:

Date Movie :headbang:
It's kind of amazing that a joke-a-second comedy like Date Movie doesn't contain a single laugh, but what's there has been so thoroughly focus-grouped and market-tested that no joy escapes the vacuum.
-The Onion