Saw Tesseract last night (and Animals As Leaders)

This was one of the best metal shows I've been to.
Each band was spot on.
Tesseract's new vocalist got on my nerves. He seriously lacks "people skills" on stage, and in my opinion drags the rest of the band down.
Animals put on a GREAT show, and I can see them already beginning to blow up.
Between The Buried And Me was spot on, had a lot of energy, and just stole the show. It was great.
Seriously any real musician can not put BtBam or Animals down it's some fantastic stuff.
My two cents.

This was one of the best metal shows I've been to.
Each band was spot on.
Tesseract's new vocalist got on my nerves. He seriously lacks "people skills" on stage, and in my opinion drags the rest of the band down.
Animals put on a GREAT show, and I can see them already beginning to blow up.
Between The Buried And Me was spot on, had a lot of energy, and just stole the show. It was great.
Seriously any real musician can not put BtBam or Animals down it's some fantastic stuff.
My two cents.

100% agreed. It probably was the most entertaining show I've ever been to. The only thing that would have made it better would be if Tesseract had been replaced by a more fitting band for the tour... like Cynic or maybe White Arms of Athena... or both.

Yeah cuz standing around while playing your songs is a real show.

I'd rather see Kiss, Rammstein and Sammy Hagar cuz they put on a SHOW rather than some wank ass tech band that just stands there playing their songs. But then again Im old enough to have SEEN actual shows

And anyways your argument is retarded at best. Meshuggah and Gojira and Behemoth have some pretty fine levels of musicianship and actually perform a show... same as Porcupine Tree, etc etc etc

I think all the bands were energetic enough. I go to shows to see my favorite musicians play their music, not jump around or dance like a bunch of pop stars. I would never WANT to see Kiss, Rammstein, or Sammy Hagar, because I have 0 interest in them. Same goes for circle pits/mosh pits. I couldn't care less about them. I think most people are over that shit by the age of 20 or so.

AAL does seem to still be gaining popularity quickly. There were quite a few 30-50 year old guys there to see them the night I was there. Oh, and I happen to think those "random videos" were awesome and added much more to their set than them jumping around or asking the crowd to circle pit ever would.

BTBAM was fucking great by the way. They did two things I've never seen them do before and I've seen them a number of times: They played a long medley of older material (sections of songs all transitioning into each other neatly and creatively) and Blake had a drum solo (not within a song). Both were awesome & considerable features of their "show" for people who are actually fans of them.

Seen all three bands live.

BTBAM: Unfortunately, and surprisingly, BORING live. They played well and whatever, but they are so boring live, it's unreal.

Animals as leaders: Don't see what people like about this band in the first place, boring live, to boot.

Tesseract: Fucking awesome.