Saw the Stones last weekend. (o/t)

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
And let me remind you I saw the Who last month. Well, you know the old story about how the Who opened for the Stones on their Rock n Roll Circus, and blew the Stones off stage (so much so that the Stones held back on releasing the RnRCircus) and again blew them off stage last year at the concert for NYC. It is true. All I could think about when I watched the Stones was how much better the Who and the Paul McCartney shows were. The Stones show was 3 times as much $$$$$ mind you. Totally overblown yuppie (i mean real yuppies) fest. Half the time Keith and Ron aren't even playing any notes, just lighting up smokes. And when they did play a "classic" they over embellished it with too much BS. I mean, "Sympathy for the Devil" doesn't need a horn section and female chorus accompaniment. There were portions of the show that were awesome though - when the band (just the band, no horns, no girls) went out to the 2nd stage and just jammed, that was killer. Oh yeah, they have a drummer named Charlie like another band.....Mr. Watts is the single coolest thing about the stones. He ruled all night. To sum it up - I had a good time, good friends, good looking girl, good beer (sierra nevada pale ale's on tap), great meal (Ted Turners Montana Restaurant!!!) and the Stones. I'm glad I saw them, but they are without a doubt the most overrated band of the whole British invasion.

PS: Friday, I saw Jon Stewart in Cincy (box seats at the Taft!! woo-hoo!!!) great show. He is still using some stuff from his 1996 HBO special, but it was still killer (way too short, but that wasn't his doing) If he comes to your town on his weekend improv tour, check it out.