Saxon at Letchworth in Herfordshire England

P

Peter Day

Okay i think this is the Oliver/Dawson mob.
Friend mentioned it to me today... not seen any adverts for it personally.
Could the site manager confirm this for me.
Doesn't worry me that it isn't the real deal as it were. Probably will not go as spending money on the real deal At Wacken....!!!
If it is the real Biff fronted band - it's me Birthday two weeks previous to the advertised date of August 10th - what a Birthday pressie if it was the Biff fronted Saxon.
In hope!!

I think you will find Vince saying "If its not on here, its not the real Saxon".
Olly and Dobby are doing the rounds at the moment, they played two gigs near me but I missed them.....Shame! Ha Ha.

See my note above.
Believe it or not there is still a legal battle going on. They even tried to stop Saxon playing at Bloodstock so I heard. Bastards.

I got in contact with ents24 who have confirmed their information was incorrect.

Having seen Oliver and Dawson(saxon ?) at The Robin hood at Merry hill,Dudley,The music was good but the guy from Shy is just a waste of space(lead singer).It's a shame that the lads could not get back together again some day!!!

I don't think it would be good if a reunion happened. Nibbs Carter transformed Saxon into the band they are today. In my opinion Nibbs gave Saxon a whole new lease of life, both on stage and in the studio, and it would be an insult to what he has put into Saxon if a reunion happened. Doug is pretty damn cool as well!
So Dobby and Olly should be told to @#%$ Off!
What does everyone else think?

Nige, I agree 100 %!!! What would Saxon be without headbanging Nibbs? No, it is really good as it is at the moment. The only person I miss is Nigel Glockler, Mr. drumkit! He is a fantastic drummer and a nice character. Yes, and Doug is wonderful, I just love that big smile he always has got in his face ;) !!!!

well i have to agree with the last few comments on this one, i think Nibbs is doing a great job and should never be replaced whilst he is happy being in saxon.. the guy is a star headbanger and is the life blood of most saxon shows. Yep Doug is superb as well.. what a find, those guitar solos are played with style and flair.. Fritz is doing a great job i mean not many drummers could sit in that seat and at least give half the performance he does... yes miss Nigel in the hot seat but heah thats life.. Of course Saxon would still not be the same without Biff and Paul they have stars stamped on the foreheads (not that it ever shows in there conversation or presentation.. they get the job done with the consumate ease that belies there showmanship qualities).
Yes i was a member of the Big Silver Bird fan club as well, i drink out of my mug every morning. The first cuppa of the day!!!
Yeah it was poorly run.. the guy doing the organising was a bit of a '@*&^$@ really... Yeah if you read this thats what I think about you.. like wheres me badge, poster , photo...!!!
Ha! they have the guy out of Shy singing for them...Ha Ha!! He was awful way back then so whats new?!! Nah i'll give that a miss.

Alright Nibby does add that style to the band,and the others members as well but i think that little bit of Saxon 80's sound is missing just a incy wyncy tiny bit.I accept the quality is there still with Biff and Paul.I must be getting old!!! oh what the hell you lot win this one O.K. Hurry up and lets get Saxon releaseing a new video/dvd.

I am going to through a spanner in the works and say I agree with Mr X. The line up as it is now is great but the incy bit that Mr X talks about is missing. Nigel Glockler is a great drummer, I think the one I enjoyed (drumming that is) the most (and he is a really nice guy, Toyah and I agree on that). But what about Pete Gill, he is there is my memory somewhere. I only saw him once at my first ever Saxon gig on the 'Wheels of Steel' tour I think. Where did he go?

Mr X, yep i'll agree to your point as well in the sense that the band of olden days has it's own unique sound, but the band as it now stands has a bit more of a tougher/meaner sound to the songs. Certainly both Oliver and Dawson added there own unique styles that are certainly not there, the same goes with Pete Gill who's immense drumming on the Wheels of Steel Album is what helped turn me into a metalhead. Respect is always due to them.