Saxon In The Land of Cheese 11/4.

K

KingMiles III

I found out Saxon was playing Waunakee,Wi on Sat. 11/4, but I had no idea where Waunakee was. I'm a native Wisconsin boy now living in Chicago and had to go see Saxon in my Motherland. Anyway, It turns out Waunakee is only 2 ½ hours away. This is good news.

Sat. 11/4 was a beautiful midwestern fall day. A great day for a road trip and Saxon show. So my wife of two weeks and myself head out of Chicago and head to Waunakee.

The trip was definetly worth it. Saxon is by far the best heavy metal band in the world thats still touring. I've recently seen Iron Maien, Halford, Ozzy to name a few and Saxon blew them all away.

Set list from the show in order(2 plus hours long)
Metalhead
Motorcycle Man
Dogs of War
Strong Arm of The Law
Song of Evil
Power and Glory
The Eagle has Landed
Travellers in Time
20,000 Feet
Thin Red Line
Broken Heroes
This Town Rocks
Conquistador
Drum Solo
Princess of the Night
Encores
Heavy Metal Thunder
Solid Ball of Rock
Wheels of Steel
Dallas 1 PM
Crusader
Denim and Leather

20 Songs and this was for about 200 people tops in nowhereville Waunakee. THANK YOU!!! Plus the venue (The Attic Ballroom) was pretty cool.

After the show (which I videotaped - how awesome is that)we hung around and got to meet Biff and the boys on the tour bus. They were more than happy to talk about the tour and take photos with us. THANKS AGAIN!!! Biff was mentioning this was there first time to Mexico and he kept saying Mexico with a Mexican accent. It was pretty funny.

Anyway, It was a night I'll never forget and it also made my wife into a new fan of the almighty SAXON. She loved the show and hospitality!!! The great part was we got to see them in Chicago 2 nights later.

Ohh, just to hear Broken heroes Live!! What more can i say? It would have been worth the price of admission alone, along with the Thin Red Line!

That was a fantastic show....My brothers and I were there...it was a small crow, but Saxon still
delivered a great show! :)

Is it at all possible to get a copy of that video? I'd love to be able to relive the memories of that night.

DEFEND THE FAITH