Saxon live

WILKS

Sep 9, 2002
Underground
Visit site
What is the best Saxon show you have seen or heard?For me it was the 1985 show at Leicester they played every song i hoped they would.The best heard was a bootleg of hammersmith gig in about 1982 I think. my sis taped over it years ago so I can't be sure sounded like a great gig.

I enjoyed my first one at the Edinburgh Odeon 0n the 1st of June 1980, this was also my first ever gig. The other one is the most recent when I saw them at Grasspop on thew 5th July last year. I think (honest) that the amount of material available and the many years experience playing, make Saxon live now, very hard to beat.:cool:

1985 was the first time I saw them, the venue was the Manchester Apollo and they exceeded my expectations.

I've seen them many other times but another one that stands out was 1995 at the Worthing Assembly halls, I swear there was no more than 150 in the crowd yet true to form you would have thought they where headlining Donnington.

Roll on Sunday ! :D

i hav never seen saxon live, (my first concert a year ago was incedenty O/D SAXON, which stands for "oh dear" or "out dated" perhaps.)

but i am hoping that the gig at the astoria is amazing, and that i enjpy myself as much as some of the other heavy metal gigs i have been to. i have no idea what to expect, so an open mind will be ready for anything, i hav also been a follower of nocturnal rites for some time now so that will be great seeing them play live.

fingers crossed that the eagle is flying as high as everybody says,
see you all on sunday night

not me either younger saxon fan, and did you know I'm two years younger than you? :) :eek: Also saxon fan for a year now.

hey crusader, thats cool, i thought i would be one of the youngest on this forum. shame we don't live close, it would have been cool to meet up with a saxon fan about my age, and go to gigs with.

not saying that the older guys among u arn't friendly, i love talking to metal fans they seem to be the friendliest people i have ever met.

Well my first gig at the Rainbow theatre in 1980 must have been good, cos it turned me into a Saxon fan for life!

But the best gig has to be LA2 on the Killing Ground tour. As has already been said, Saxon are better live now then ever.

I've even got one of my mates coming along on sunday who is 22 and who normally doesn't like 'old school'. But he was there at that LA2 gig, and reckons Saxon are one of the best bands he has EVER seen live!

WOW PAX 1980 . MY FIRST WAS 1983 AND I WAS ONLY 12 I THINK DEPENDS ON WHAT MONTH IT WAS. BUT BY 85 I HAD BEEN TO LOADS OF GIGS AND NEW EVERY SONG. I DONT REMBER MUCH ABOUT THAT GIG OLD AGE I THINK.I SAW OZZY THAT YEAR AND KISS I HAVE BEEN TOLD SINCE THAT BON JOVI SUPPORTED KISS ON THAT TOUR CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THIS?

I think I can mate, Stafford Bingley hall way back then, Kiss played as part of their tour and Bon Jovi supported, BJ got spat at and booed off, who would have thought how things change.

First post on the Saxon site...

I've been following Saxon for about 20 years. I'd say my best experience (and therefore show) was a small place where I was in the front row, then Biff came out, walked straight up to me and shook my hand. I was stoked and the gig hadn't even started yet. The stage was so small that it was about the size of a bathroom and no band member could even move around It was great! I've seen Saxon a number of times, but that was my fav.

First time for me was a triple bill with Iron Maiden and fastway it was the power and the glory tour 83.

But the best show was The Crusader tour 84 another triple bill with Accept and a band called Heavy Petting this time Saxon was the headliner and they kicked some serious Ass that night! was also great that I got to see the eagle at both shows.

first time was at LA2 on killing ground tour, but i prefered the astoria show on jan 26th, just because i knew more of their songs and i was able to join in more

O.K. I have changed my mind the Astoria 2003.
Fastway I remember them was'nt that Pete Way from U.F.O. and Fast Eddie fromMotorhead? I am sure I saw them twice who else did the support? Pretty Maids after seeing them surpport Saxon my mat brought the album I seem to remember the first song being good but the rest being shit.