SAXON To Release 'The Inner Sanctum' In March - Dec. 12, 2006

liama

The Beast
Aug 30, 2005
San Antonio, Texas
From Blabbermouth!!!!!

SPV/Steamhammer has set a March 5, 2007 European release date for the new album from British metal veterans SAXON, entitled "The Inner Sanctum". The label will also release SAXON's new double live DVD, entitled "To Hell and Back Again". No further details are currently available.

In a recent posting on the band's official web site, SAXON frontman Biff Byford stated about the upcoming CD, "On the next album we're are trying to make a massive affort to target England to bring the profile back up and we have been approached to make a documentary as part of this. It is not a reality show. The [secret] concert in Lincoln [which was held on Oct. 27, 2006] was part of the documentary. There will be many other things happening."

As previously reported, Biff Byford was interviewed by Spanish TV on the set of the movie "Perceval", in which he has a role. Watch the interview at YouTube.com (Biff appears around the 1:55 mark).

Steamhammer/SPV released SAXON's brand-new live album, "The Eagle Has Landed Pt. III", in the U.S. on June 27, featuring the first new recordings with drummer Nigel Glockler, who recently returned to the SAXON fold following an extended creative break. "The Eagle Has Landed Pt. III" was recorded by two different line-ups: the cuts from 2004 feature drummer Jörg Michael, the 2005 material presents Nigel Glockler. Consisting, next to Glocker, of founding members Biff Byford (vocals) and Paul Quinn (guitar) plus the long-serving Nibbs Carter (bass) and Doug Scarratt (guitar), SAXON are still one of the hottest contemporary live acts.

It's a good thing Saxon takes time to record a new album! No rushing job.. good choice. And the date? Well ..never mention any date I would say..when the new CD is out, 100 % sure, then tell.. but when the To hell and back DVD is released , I cannot discover..but I'will see..no rushing jobs.. But as a whole its good news.. The Inner Sanctum... well what a title is that! I think of things like : Be/ stay true to yourself! your inner religion or worldvision or humanmankind-vision(??) Whats in side you, is what you are..! (?) Or.. built a wall around you? Don't let people penetrate into your brains/private life's?? Curious..

I get the feeling that this is not just a change in server,I got the feeling Vince is no longer doing the website.The website is being run out of Germany which means its being run by Mr Jensen and the Wacken people.Hopefully there will be better management now,I hope there will be no more let downs.Thanks to Vince for the hard work and dedication over the years.

Yep, nothing like a load of tracks from the brand new album to kill a gig stone-dead, especially if it isn't out yet! (Judas Priest were terrible for doing that)

Worst Crime? Kicking off the show with a track from the brand new LP (if it has been out less than 6 months), only the hard-core will have got it, it's just an anti-climactic start for the "ordinary" audience members who haven't rushed out to buy the new release.

As for "Inner Sanctum"????? Spinal Tap couldn't have thought of a better title - it's very fnarr fnarr! Anyway, if it's half as good as Metalhead, it'll be killer - what a woefully under-rated LP that was, far superior to Lionheart IMHO!

As for the new album, 'The Inner Sanctum' sounds interesting. It sounds a bit dark, so I wonder if it's going to be an album along the lines of 'Metalhead'?

Or a bit like Unleash the beast? With wheels of steel flavour and SAOTL flavour,and killing ground flavour and lionheart flavour?

Or a bit like Unleash the beast? With wheels of steel flavour and SAOTL flavour,and killing ground flavour and lionheart flavour?

Thats a lot of flavours heavycelli !! An album with all those ingredients would be very tasy indeed !!!

I like the title myself as well, and yeah sounds kind of dark, which is always a good thing!!! Metalhead is amazing !

sorry assmaster dont agree....... title track off the album should be played as an opener.... touring is to promote the album if only the diehards have the new album then tough shit ..become a die hard fan and part with some cash every albums title track has become a classic .....wheels of steel ,dogs of war, metalhead,killing ground,lionheart,solid ball of rock,denim and leather,power and the glory..... (ok forever free was balls ) as for inner sanctum who cares its the content that counts perhaps a better title would be if its an amalgamation of all aspects of saxon
unleash the solid wheels of the lionhearted metalhead

I always think about Judas Priest's 'Turbo tour' ....... Awesome! and...that they opened with 'Out in the Cold' which is a brilliant song, but what impressed me more so was they way the setlist was ordered so as to build up toward the heavier faster songs, it must of been amazing being at one of those shows.

Some of the later shows of the tour they played 'victim of changes' as well and it was phenomenal. They even played 'hot for love' a couple of times, it sounded really cool as a live tune.

A shame, some of the later Priest setlists just became very predictable 'electric eye' to open etc.

I wish Rob would tear up the setlist once in a while :lol: