Saxon uk fest

saxon747rock

Oct 19, 2003
york
Visit site
saxon have what about 12 festival dates so far this summer coming up which is great, but not one of them in the uk.

Come on saxon managment lets have one at least this summer in the uk,
The rock and blues fest maybe or the bulldog bash or whatever.

ROCK THE NATIONS YEAH, NOT JUST OVERSEAS WHEN IT COMES TO FESTIVAL DATES.

hey come on pal
saxon have toured here twice in the last nine months leave the uk festivals to the american bands lol thats all the promoters are interested in

they should. The only festival saxon can get into is bloodstock really and thats going more and more towards powermetal now, whereas before there were a lot more british bands like blaze and powerquest playing

THEY MAY HAVE TOURED HERE RECENTLY,BUT THEY ONLY DO 4 AT A TIME,AND THEY HAVE THE AUDACITY TO HAVE ..SAXON ENGLAND..ON THEIR SHIRTS...AND ITS ABOUT TIME THEY PLAYED SHEFFIELD AGAIN,THEY AINT PLAYED HERE SINCE 98:mad: :mad: :mad: :cry: :cry: ...THEY SEEM TO HAVE FORGOTTEN THEIR YORKSHIRE ROOTS......SAXON......SHEFFIELD NEEDS YOU..:heh:

bloody hell man........ there are guys on this website that went to every gig on there last "mini tour " thats london wolverhampton manchester and dublin...(paxoman and sammi .....i think you would be advised to read some of there posts ) i flew from spain where i was living to see them in bradford last october .....flew to hamburg from malaga then a train to wacken to see them in 2002 and 2004....... am driving from leeds to belgium in 3 weeks to see them at graspop ..... and your complaining that they havent played sheffield in 8 years...... bit of info for you .... bradford is 30 miles up the m1.... manchester is 30 miles away from you also.........did you bother going to either gig? oh and graspop is a 920miles round trip.....saxon have never played my home town dewsbury and i guess they never will .. therefore i make the effort to see them whenever i can

timothy sykes said:
bloody hell man........ there are guys on this website that went to every gig on there last "mini tour " thats london wolverhampton manchester and dublin...(paxoman and sammi .....i think you would be advised to read some of there posts ) i flew from spain where i was living to see them in bradford last october .....flew to hamburg from malaga then a train to wacken to see them in 2002 and 2004....... am driving from leeds to belgium in 3 weeks to see them at graspop ..... and your complaining that they havent played sheffield in 8 years...... bit of info for you .... bradford is 30 miles up the m1.... manchester is 30 miles away from you also.........did you bother going to either gig? oh and graspop is a 920miles round trip.....saxon have never played my home town dewsbury and i guess they never will .. therefore i make the effort to see them whenever i can

Ain't played the US in fuck all.....

Well said Timothy! Some so-called Saxon fans will only be bothered to see 'em if they are playing 5 minutes down the road and there is nothing good on telly that night - and even then, they'd complain about the setlist/price of ticket/venue/whatever! Some "fans", eh? God forbid you should want to put yourself out and travel a whopping 30 miles to the nearest gig!

statussc1 said:
THEY MAY HAVE TOURED HERE RECENTLY,BUT THEY ONLY DO 4 AT A TIME,AND THEY HAVE THE AUDACITY TO HAVE ..SAXON ENGLAND..ON THEIR SHIRTS...AND ITS ABOUT TIME THEY PLAYED SHEFFIELD AGAIN,THEY AINT PLAYED HERE SINCE 98:mad: :mad: :mad: :cry: :cry: ...THEY SEEM TO HAVE FORGOTTEN THEIR YORKSHIRE ROOTS......SAXON......SHEFFIELD NEEDS YOU..:heh:

With any luck, Saxon might play your back garden on the next tour! That close enough?!

hey wilks , i just had to say something bout the person complaining about not playing in sheffield and questioning saxons english roots ... and as for saxon not playing in the usa i sympathise with all saxons american fans .. but in there defence the usa is a massive continent and with such, a tour must be astronomical both financially and logistically...... perhaps a solution would be for saxon to either tour as a support act to say maiden or tour as part of a package ie saxon ,edguy and helloween all having a 60 min setlist and taking it in turns to headline. i know edguy supported dragonforce on there uk tour ,then dragonforce supported edguy on there european tour ....its only a thourght but it might work

I think Saxon will play next years monsters of rock.Its the first year back andits a great line up.Ok i cant stand most the line up but strong enough to get it back on its feet.Lets face if there are two acts that know how to play big crowds its the purps and Alice.
The whole thing is based round classic rock,and let face you don't get much more classic than Saxon.

i agree wilks .... lets hope saxon get a high position on the bill after all they were the first band to play the monsters of rock twice

OI SYKESY...YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE MORE MONEY THAN SENSE...BRADFORD/MANCHESTER 30 MILES AWAY??...EXACTLEY..TELL THAT TO THE BAND....ITS THE BANDS THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO TOUR NOT US..THEY SHOULD COME TO US,NOT US TO THEM

i wasnt going to rise to the bait ... but sod it
if you really think that saxon have both the time and money to visit every town or city that has saxon fans residing there then im sure they will be playing in la la land just for you
saxon are one of the hardest working bands that there is ..... they are recording a new album in the autumn and hope to release it early next year followed by yet another european tour ..... now take any other band.... erm...iron maiden good old english band ...2 studio albums in 7 years and 1 full uk tour in 8 years now thats hard working for yer..... or metallica 1 studio album in 7 years 1 uk tour in 7 years need i go on .... some bands rest on there past glories, and royalties some just go on and on and on .. i just hope that saxon dont have to rely on people like you who have nothing better to do than piss people off on this forum ... please find some emo band and go moshing in some trendy uni bar or go take a long walk off a short pier either way you are an insult to be included in the same company as us loyal fans who will go wherever whenever and at great cost to see one of the finest exponants of british metal that there has ever been .... i end my rant oh ive found the perfect site for you
http//:www.i-hope-i-grow-pubes-when-im-older.com

ooooooOOOHH TOUCHEY....FIRSTLY AS A 41 YEAR OLD ROCK/METAL FAN, I THINK I LEAST KNOW A THING OR 2 ABOUT ROCK MUSIC AND GIGS..I HAVE SEEN SAXON 11 TIMES STARTIN IN 84.....NOT MANY TIMES I KNOW,BUT THERE OTHER BANDS TO SEE...THATS 11 GIGS OUT OF THE 746 IVE BEEN TO IN 25 YEARS:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: ..........SECONDLY I CAN NAME U 2 BANDS THAT DONT SELL AS MANY ALBUMS AS THE USED TO IN THIS COUNTRY,JUST LIKE SAXON,BUT STILL TOUR EVERY YEAR ALL OVER THE COUNTRY...THOSE BANDS ARE MOTORHEAD AND THE QUO(OK LAFF),2 CLASSIC BRITISH BANDS...MOTORHEAD DO 16+ DATES A YEAR IN THIS COUNTRY...THE QUO DO 30 TO 50 DATES IN THIS COUNTRY A YEAR,PLUS HOWEVER MANY MORE THEY DO AROUND THE WORLD:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: ......SAXON? ONE THE HARDEST WORKIN BANDS THERE IS?? MAYBE,BUT NOT IN THIS COUNTRY:mad: A 4 THE COMMENT ABOUT BANDS RESTIN ON PAST GLORIES,U TELLIN ME SAXON DONT???..THERE SET AT THE ASTORIA WAS ALMOST 2 HOURS WORTH OF PAST GLORIES(A REVIEW IN CLASSIC ROCK MAG..BON JOVI COVER),AND WHEN I SAW THEM AT WACKEN 2004 THATS MOSTLY WHAT THE DID AS WELL.......EMO?? TRENDY UNI BAR?? NOW U HAVE UPSET ME..ME GOIN TO:cry: :cry: :cry: C U FOLKS:headbang: :headbang: :kickass::kickass: