Saxon uk fest

statusc1 you have some valid points motorhead and quo fair enough
the set at wacken was varied not just older songs and the set at the astoria was granted the older songs with a few off lionheart but to be fair the original tour which was postponed was to promote lionheart ,promotion as you will know is a bit pointless when the album has been out for a year , they did play some old hardly ever played classics and its nice to hear them after all these years , i see your a new member to this website so you will have probably missed the thread about picking a setlist for the last tour , its well worth a read as you will see what the majority of postees on here wanted to hear,everyone has a point of view and yours is a valid as mine,regardless of the fact that we disagree ...... we are all metal fans on here and it was us that set the spirit free .... so lets bury the hatchet and look forward to the next album and the up and coming european tour regardless of where they are playing

OK MATE NO PROBS...MIGHT MAKE IT TO ROCK CITY NEXT YEAR...MY NEXT GIG..NO.747 WILL BE A BAND CALLED...FLATLINE...AT THE BOARDWALK IN SHEFFIELD..LOCAL BANDS NIGHT..21st JUNE...748 WILL BE ARMOURED SAINT...SAW GINGER AND HIS BAND LAST NITE....WHY AM I TELLING YOU THIS?..IVE NO IDEA EITHER HEH HEH

WILKS said:
I don't care what you all say.They should play Leicester.But so i can get pissed and get home the same night.Besides they aint played here since 92ish.

Ah Wilks Leicester!! Seen great Saxon gigs plus others seen at De Montford Hall. But peharps one of the worse nights of my life was the Crusader tour when they played De Montford! Great gig but on my way home came off my motorbike (that hill on the outskirts of Leicester on the A47) broke my headlamp, freezing night. fog the lot. Would'nt want to relive that night!!

AGHHHHHHHH the A47 i think everyone has had a near miss on there.What a venue and the nights i have had there.Saxon,Maiden,Anthrax,ozzy,Kiss,Cinderella,NMA,Wedding Present,Sabbath the list goes on.:headbang:

Sammi951 said:
Well said Timothy! Some so-called Saxon fans will only be bothered to see 'em if they are playing 5 minutes down the road and there is nothing good on telly that night - and even then, they'd complain about the setlist/price of ticket/venue/whatever! Some "fans", eh? God forbid you should want to put yourself out and travel a whopping 30 miles to the nearest gig!

I'm living in the sticks in Wales but got down to London for Saxon.
If I could get the time off work, I'd be seeing them again this Summer! I'm gonna book time off in advance for the UK part of the tour next year, to do as many as I can! :)

If I only went to local gigs...I'd never get to see Saxon! :lol: