Saxon US dates being cancelled???

saxonfan

Oct 10, 2002
CHICAGO,IL,U.S.A.
Visit site
I know there has not been any official notice on this site for a US tour.They have been selling tickets for various shows in the states on Ticketmaster for 2 months now.I just got notice from Ticketmaster that the New York show has been cancelled.I assume there will be more cancellations to come.At the show in Chicago at the House of Blues,the show time was changed from 8pm to a midnight show,due to the fact a different band needed the venue the same night that would sell more tickets,so much for first come first serve.I certainly hope this US tour happens.If the US promotor keeps booking shows that end up being cancelled,the venues may be relunctant to any future bookings.

I can fully understand the anger..but where does it say on this board that Saxon does American shows? I read a lot of those things, but i never see it mentioned on this board...

That is true, they never did update the website with US tour dates, but WHY were they selling tickets for US TOUR DATES?

This is the 3rd fucking time Saxon cancelled their tour. It's pretty frustrating. Talk about not being loyal to people on the other side of the globe.

My friend told me that Chicago radio was reporting the U.S. tour being cancelled due to poor ticket sales.

I emailed the venue where Saxon are to play in Milwaukee asking if this show/tour is being cancelled.

Their reply was simply, "no"

So there u have it ;) lol

I hope they do not cancel...I am so looking forward to seeing Saxon in Milwaukee.

I saw this:

SAXON: U.S. Tour To Go Ahead After All - Sep. 30, 2005 Contrary to a posting on the web site of New York City's B.B. King's Blues Bar & Grill, British heavy metal veterans SAXON have **NOT** cancelled their previously rescheduled U.S. tour, the group's North American booking agent, Mark Hyman of Paradise Artists, Inc., has informed BLABBERMOUTH.NET. "The band has had to postpone the three original opening shows for logistical reasons," Hyman said. "They plan to make those shows up at a later time to be announced. Other than that, the band is scheduled to begin their tour in Allentown, PA on Friday, November 4, 2005."

SAXON confirmed tour dates:

Nov. 04 - The Sterling Hotel - Allentown, PA
Nov. 05 - Double D's - Morristown, NJ
Nov. 06 - House Of Blues - Cleveland, OH
Nov. 07 - House Of Blues - Chicago, IL
Nov. 08 - Shank Hall - Milwaukee, WI
Nov. 11 - The Galaxy - Dallas, TX
Nov. 12 - Sunkin Gardens - San Antonio, TX

As previously reported, SAXON were originally slated to embark on an American tour in May but ended up cancelling the dates as a result of frontman Biff Byford wanting to stay by his family's side after his house in the Normandie area of France burned down. In that incident, Biff, his wife and their children got out of the house at the very last minute and nobody was hurt.

SAXON — who were recently rejoined by drummer Nigel Glockler — have been confirmed for the Sweden Rock kick-off concert on December 3 at Globen Annexet in Stockholm, Sweden. Also appearing on the bill are CLAWFINGER and KROKUS.

SAXON are continuing to tour in support of their latest CD, "Lionheart", available now on SPV Records. The follow-up to 2001's "Killing Ground" features artwork by Paul R. Gregory, who has previously worked with the group on the now classic "Crusader" album.

I walked by BBKings today... 42nd and Broadway... Saxon is still on the billboard poster in the main window among the other bands shechuled. The place was closed at 7am as I was on my way into work... At least it was nice to see the advertisement. Krokus is also playing there...So was Peter Frampton. I liked the Loverboy show last month even tough its not heavy metal it was good ol rock and roll.

Later blokes!
-M

My friend is the promoter for the show in San Antonio, and I am his Production Manager. He called tonite to tell me this show was cancelled due to lagging ticket sales. The management agency has refused, up to this point, to post this show on the website, after being payed an outrageous amount of cash for deposit. There actions should be met in my opinion with lawyers and additude, no agency or band should have the right to hold a concert promoter hostage and refuse to help promote his show. A refund is very much in order, but I doubt this will happen. We did WASP a month or so ago and had a crowd in San Antonio of about 1200 or so great fans in attendance. After this show we recognized that it has gotten very hard to do these shows here. San Antonio once had one of the largest underground metal scenes in the world, packing Sunken Gardens used to be an easy task with many great fans. I guess the time of metal is gone in San Antonio. This is very sad to me. These bands have many of the great players in my opinion. One of my good friends tours with Riot as their production manager and he has found it hard for them also, just to book shows for real cash and stay above water...Thanks for listening. this might give some insight in to the other sides of this business. Peace out. LONG LIVE ROCK!

From the news section of the site:

1st October 2005

SAXON in the USA confirmed date.

November 12th San Antonio Texas - Sunken Garden Amphitheatre
Tickets at TicketWeb
Sunken Garden Amphitheatre
3875 N. St. Mary's St.
San Antonio, TX 78212

I suggest you go back to your friend and ask him what the real story is, before you start making anymore accusations against the band.

The U.S.A can organize things as "Dessert Storm" and not a Saxon concert? I fully agree with MattRattz his words btw.. And I know for sure that all those fine people from the U.S.A who are fans of Saxon can organize a concert by themselfs, lay some contacts by e-mail and get the train rolling, do not depend too much on Managers and promotors..the fans are the best promotors you can have...

Golden_Goose said:
I saw this:

SAXON: U.S. Tour To Go Ahead After All - Sep. 30, 2005 Contrary to a posting on the web site of New York City's B.B. King's Blues Bar & Grill, British heavy metal veterans SAXON have **NOT** cancelled their previously rescheduled U.S. tour, the group's North American booking agent, Mark Hyman of Paradise Artists, Inc., has informed BLABBERMOUTH.NET. "The band has had to postpone the three original opening shows for logistical reasons," Hyman said. "They plan to make those shows up at a later time to be announced. Other than that, the band is scheduled to begin their tour in Allentown, PA on Friday, November 4, 2005."

SAXON confirmed tour dates:

Nov. 04 - The Sterling Hotel - Allentown, PA
Nov. 05 - Double D's - Morristown, NJ
Nov. 06 - House Of Blues - Cleveland, OH
Nov. 07 - House Of Blues - Chicago, IL
Nov. 08 - Shank Hall - Milwaukee, WI
Nov. 11 - The Galaxy - Dallas, TX
Nov. 12 - Sunkin Gardens - San Antonio, TX

As previously reported, SAXON were originally slated to embark on an American tour in May but ended up cancelling the dates as a result of frontman Biff Byford wanting to stay by his family's side after his house in the Normandie area of France burned down. In that incident, Biff, his wife and their children got out of the house at the very last minute and nobody was hurt.

SAXON — who were recently rejoined by drummer Nigel Glockler — have been confirmed for the Sweden Rock kick-off concert on December 3 at Globen Annexet in Stockholm, Sweden. Also appearing on the bill are CLAWFINGER and KROKUS.

SAXON are continuing to tour in support of their latest CD, "Lionheart", available now on SPV Records. The follow-up to 2001's "Killing Ground" features artwork by Paul R. Gregory, who has previously worked with the group on the now classic "Crusader" album.

saxon is not playing at the house of blues in cleveland, they are playing here http://www.beachlandballroom.com/

I don't think anyone is bashing the band, but saying that they are cancelling the shows due to low attendance sounds like a lame excuse to me. I saw these guys in Cincinnati in 1998 at a club with 75 people or so. The show rocked and everyone was screaming for these guys, so to say they're cancelling stuff now because of low attendance is kind of contradictary, since they played to crowds below 100 people before. It's not like Saxon draws more than 500 in the US anyway (though they should) instead they promote crap like System Of A Down in the US.

devilridesout said:
I don't think anyone is bashing the band, but saying that they are cancelling the shows due to low attendance sounds like a lame excuse to me. I saw these guys in Cincinnati in 1998 at a club with 75 people or so. The show rocked and everyone was screaming for these guys, so to say they're cancelling stuff now because of low attendance is kind of contradictary, since they played to crowds below 100 people before. It's not like Saxon draws more than 500 in the US anyway (though they should) instead they promote crap like System Of A Down in the US.

would the name of that bar be Bogarts?