Ticketmaster purchases for Saxon DD`s

RayNJ

Aging Fart
Oct 3, 2005
Ticketmaster will be issuing refunds shortly for anyone who bought NJ show tickets. I spoke to the booking agent for DD`s this morning and she has already faxed the cancellation of Saxon to them and refunds will be issued to your CC shortly. She also said the show was selling "ok" at this point and they were expecting close to a sell out. Most people usually show up the night of the show and buy tiks at the door.

If you purchased tickets at DD`s, you may go there and get your refund. Bring your ticket(s).

I was looking forward to this show too. Perfect night for me. Saturday and nothing planned familywise. Oh well.

saxtiks3uj.jpg

finally got confirmation from TM about a refund, Yay.
========================================================

Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important alert for your upcoming event. Saxon, scheduled at Double D's on Saturday, November 5, 2005 at 8:00 PM has been cancelled.

Your credit card will automatically be credited the ticket price and convenience charges, and should post to your account within 7 to 10 business days. Please note, the $3.25 per order processing fee and any ticketFast or UPS delivery charges are non-refundable.

If you have any questions, please contact us online at:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/asktm.html

Thank you for using Ticketmaster. We appreciate your business!
=========================================================

Only stand to lose $3.25. I could`ve spent twice that in fuel costs alone if I went to the venue to purchase tickets, then had to go back there to get a refund.

rockandrollsteve said:
Every Ga block of tickets usually has 50 tickets. Yours is GA 4, makes it 200 to 250 people. (G0=50, GA1=50 , GA2=50,and so on). You piad cash for your ticket too on Oct 26, right?

rockandrollsteve
I would agree with GA block consisting of 50 seats, but this is a small bar so I believe the GA block only consisted of 25 per. I asked the woman who was the booking agent @ DD`s and she said close to 200 tickets were sold "so far". Not sure if she meant through TMaster or a total. Still doesn`t matter now anyway.

Figure this... and someone else in on previous post did the math too:

Figure round numbers...(disclaimer I'm making this all up):

10 venues. 300 people. $20 tickets. 3 bands.
Figure Saxon's opening.
So thats 50% for the venue....
If you think I'm exagerating then fill in your own math or open your own venue.
Venue supplies sound, speakers, showers for the guys, washing machine,
clean counch for a few hours, sandwiches, a place to dump the RV toilet, etc, etc..
35% for Saxon
figure 10% for Band #2
Band #3 pays to play 10% for publicity
The rest goes under the table.

Figure a sellout and 300 people show up.
Make your own spreadsheet if you want to! This one is mine!

$20 a ticket times 300 people times 10 venues times (.35 for Saxon) = $21,000

Now figure 5 guys in the band and 4 roadies support guys.
Figure $10000 for airfare (two-way international coach $800 ea for 9 people
plus extra for equipment.)
Figure $$$ each for visa/application fees etc.
Figure $$$ for American lawyers.
Figure $$$ for American insurance (Remember Rhode Island..The bands gotta front it).
Figure $$$ for rental of 2 tour buses one for Saxon 5 guys and one for 4 roades
each getting 10 mpg at $2.79 accross America (Thank you very much W)..+$25 per state in tolls times 8 states=$400.
Figure $300 per day just to eat. (A diner is $8 per plate per day figureing the venue gives you one meal.
so thats 9 guys. 9x8=72 figuring you eat at the venues. Dont forget all the coffees and Starbuks and thruway stops add another $$$.....
Blal bla bla..

You all get the idea???

NOW HEAR THIS!!!
THE BOTTOM LINE IS THIS. PLEASE LISTEN UP!
ANY EVENT OF Saxon coming to America is a GIFT from the band!
There is no way that they can make any kind of money in america.
Sorry to say,
I love Saxon. I buy all of their albums. I own Cds LPs, Casettes.
I have seen tours in NYC and NJ in 1984 (P+G), 1988 (Destiny), 1994 (Dogs),
1998(UTB), 2001(Metalhead), 2003 (KG) and still waiting for Lionheart tour.

I wish them well in all of their businesses.
After all, it is a business. We all gotta eat.

I love your music and I wish you can come to play in America.
I also request your music on WSOU 89.5NJ and WSOS Chicago when I can.
Please make your money where you can and where it is influential becuse even though
the American mass market has not been kind to Saxon, international album sales have been.
Lets face it Biff..if you were 17 in 79 then you are too young. Go more.
Stones and Aerosmith are still going. Nevermind big bands, how about Grannys Girlschols, Joan Jett,
gramps, Motorhead, Waysyed.

Come to USA Saxon!