Scar Symmetry: for fans of Soilwork, Edge of Sanity,InFlames

lucifer1126

Aug 19, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Any Skyfire fans here heard of Scar Symmetry??? They're signed with Nuclear Blast playing kick ass melodic death metal. Seriously the vocalist (from Unmoored and Solar Dawn) fame did a kick ass job on this album. His vocal really reminds me of the brutal death growl yet beautiful clean vocals of Dan Swano on his Crimson albums or even Mikael from Opeth. Musically this is like a mix of Soilwork, In Flames and maybe those clean moments from Edge of Sanity. Its definitely worth a try. New album is out in the US May 2nd!!!!

Check out full songs on www.myspace.com/scarsymmetry or click on my banner of samples to check out short samples from all the songs of their new album!!! let me know what you guys think!!

Hey Don, that is some good disarmonia mundi groovins they got there. I take it this is from a new album coming out at some point? Can you provide with more info'mation?

Absolutely. The new video is the first single off of their new album "Mindtricks". The release date has been set for June 12th. No cover art has been revealed yet but aparrantly it is finished. I'm looking forward to it.

Heard both of those, and they are both good. I'm sort of disappointed that Bjorn is back again doing vocals for DM, but it should still be great.

Yeah I finally got around to listening to it, and it is shit. If you're looking for that sort of sound done right, listen to the new Raunchy album. Scar Symmetry was so promising on their first album too.