scars of the crucifix guitar solo

kotdm666

New Metal Member
Jan 13, 2005
i think its the coolest guitar solo ever, but its immposible to play! any tips on how to play it? thanks

I've been triing to nail that technique since Insineratehymn. Since they aren't mainstream they don't publish their music. All I know is, it is a finger tap technique of some kind. I wish I could help more, It is nice to see someone else recognizes the skills of Eric Hoffman.

You know derspite my views on Eric and Brian i still must give credit where credit is due. Eric Hoffman and Brian Hoffman are one of the most destructive guitar teams i have ever heard anywhere. I mean Eddie Van Halen couldnt pull off what these two do together. They sound EXACTLEY the same as each other. Most times i have heard anyway when their is a death metal band the two guitarists have a different sound but they still play tight. These two are like mirror image when it comes to method and sound style. The thing is Eric Hoffman and Brian Hoffman have been proved liars in my eyes. They accused Glen Benton of not being able to play bass guitar. This is not true because i have seen Glen Benton play bass guitar when i went to their show and he sounded GREAT! Also they accused Steve of doing double stick snare blast beats. This is true cause i can hear it on scars of the crucifix......however, i have HEARD him play it and it sounded fine. They need Eric hoffman and Brian hoffman back thuogh.....the replacements sounded fine and tight but the solos from Eric are missing and they are needed bad to complete the package.